Roti Ribs

Bob Whitney

TVWBB Fan
Been a while but I finally figured out how to post pics again.

I've been wanting to try this for a long time saw it on Project Smoke (Steve Raichlen). If you have a Rotisserie you need to try this.* Used Royal Oak briquettes and Pecan.* Temps were between 325°-350°.* Took about an hour 45.*

10c63dddd699ad4551524c553d2e8567.jpg

4a82b3ac9ede0996d541dd831c569c4d.jpg

5c60f734f9a9b19a668de6acb4e8d8e1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Can you tell me how much fuel you used? I always seem to use too much when I use my rotisserie and my cook runs too hot. This looks great!! I would love to try it.

Can you tell me how much fuel you used? I always seem to use too much when I use my rotisserie and my cook runs too hot. This looks great!! I would love to try it.

Full chimney unlit, 12 lit. Vents on the bottom closed ( I have the Weber Rotti ring which leaks) top wide open. Usually runs between 320°-340° which is fine when using the Rotti.

Nice Ribs Bob! I'm cooking ribs tomorrow in my 22WSM, but if I wasn't, I give this roto rib a run

Looks great BUT can you tell the difference taste-wise between roti and regular smoke (albeit at higher temps)?

Looks great BUT can you tell the difference taste-wise between roti and regular smoke (albeit at higher temps)?

Honestly, There is no taste diff. to me. I use a couple chunks of Oak and Cherry so the smoke flavor is definitely there and I still use my own rub weather I Smoke them or spin them.

Back