Road Side Chix with a little Pepin thrown in

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Had a hankering for this dish, been a couple of months. So everything together, chix marinated in Bryan's recipe all day. And am taking a re-do on Jaques Pepin's Belgian Endive dish which is excellent.

052_zpse69c3987.jpg

So you quarter the Endive, lay out in a saute pan that has a cover, Kosher and Fresh Ground, I varied from Jaq as I used Champagne Vinegar instead of red wine vinegar, fresh finely chopped garlic, drizzle some EVOO on top. Oh yea, some chopped up olives, he used black, I had just some nice green olives in the fridge. Bring to a simmer on the grill until tender.

054_zps5fd895c2.jpg

On the El Cheapo being mopped, Stubbs loves that vegetable oil for sure

053_zpsa7a9aabe.jpg

Chix done and heading in

055_zpse5e3bf78.jpg

The Pepin Endive on and about done

056_zps6d028fa2.jpg

Done and heading in

058_zpsc25f4152.jpg

The table set with some white rice

059_zps3b740a41.jpg

Your plate, please enjoy

062_zpsfef83c9e.jpg

Last edited:
Whenever I see "Jacques Pépin" mentioned in a thread, it always gets my attention. I think chef Pépin would approve of your technique, Bill.

Bill: the chicken looks great and I could barely see your beer in the dim twilight...the times they are a changin'! Did you like the endive?

Yea, Brian, the Endive is not only very good for you health wise it is delicious. Thanks to Jaq Pepin who is the master. This is just one of his many superb dishes. I have been a fan for many years. He haa literally forgotten more than I will ever know. I respect old school Men like that.

Rolf it is one I bought on impulse one day last year at Home Depot, they had them up front on sale at the end of the season for $ 40.I think it is a CharBroiler. I call it El Cheapo cause it truly is made that way, but it has an adjustable tray underneath that allows you to raise and lower the coals by as much as 8 inches which I like for certain dishes

Back