Ribeye with a grilled tomato topped with Mozzarella...while a fuzzy friend watches

Andrew Luis

TVWBB Fan
So a couple of days ago I decided to defrost a ribeye I had sealed how weber showed me. This steak is about 1.5 months old. http://www.weber.com/weber-nation/grill-skills/mastering-steaks/steak-prep/freezing-steaks

Tastes and looks the same as one that I just bought from the store.

Here she after oiling her with some olive oil and just garlic salt and pepper. It may look over salted....but I tend to like my dishes a tad bit salty'er than most ;) This was on my Weber Spirit Gas grill. Love the easy'ness of a gas grill on a cold/ windy night like tonight. Have yet to try my 'free' weber charcoal yet though. When it gets warmer, time to see how a Ribeye tastes using charcoal.

c72j.jpg

Decided to pair the ribeye with a grilled veggie. I found some tomatoes...so I googled grilled tomatoes and found this recipe from Paula Dean. Sooooo good. Substituted the pecorino romano for Mozzarella--t'was a success. :) Kind of wish I had let the cheese melt a little more in the grill...timed it wrong because the steak was getting too cold. :p EIther way....it was awesome.

t1e3.jpg

Here's a pic of the inside. Perfectly pink

pbwm.jpg

o2bt.jpg

Caught a guy with little fuzzy paws waiting for crubs or a chunk of steak to fall off in this pic. Thought he was sneaky...

7vq5.jpg

Here he is! Always moochin'!!

hfnh.jpg

Steak is killer! And i bet those maters were up there. If you wanna make a twist on the maters here is some tips. Cut in halves use a spoon to clear the seeds and the juice. If you got a mater with X innerwalls that will leave you with 4 empty pockets to fill with different cheese and/or whatnot. Looks great and makes a mater really Shine sinse you can get a different taste almost every bite. Try it..And i bet you will love it.

Your steak looks pretty good from here. Cute puppy you got there too, how old is it? red toy looks familiar :)

Thanks guys! Good idea, Wolgast about coring out the tomato and using different cheeses in each section. :)

The steak WAS good. Just super paranoid with a little bit thickerr cuts. I get some flare ups cause of it. Either way, it was delicious thhhough :)

My pooch is 5 years old. We adopted him about a yr and a half ago. He's a rescue...and totally worth it. I don't get why people go and buy puppies from breeders or some puppy mill when dogs like these are available and needd a good home.

Back