Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

Missing/broken springs, clips, pins, etc. There's a lot more to them than people think. And honestly I'm not in a position to make instructional videos or posts. I'm not in that business. Why would I "give away" my business? Suffice to say, I think looking back especially over the repairs I've needed to do for folks since the plandemic thing. 60% have been made worse or self induced thanks to YouTube. Maybe too many people with too much time on their hands, or thinking "I'll save a couple bucks". I get it. I'm simply putting out there what I have been witnessing over the last 2 years. Before this point I MAYBE saw this in 15-20%. now much higher. I actually have 3 or 4 machines on hand that people gave up on, bought new ones and then called me asking if I'd buy the carcass they left behind :D And I usually do if the units are "complete".
As an auto tech, I completely understand. I see it almost everyday. A little bit of mechanical aptitude combined with YouTube or whatever forum they saw it on are a dangerous combo. Usually ends up costing them more time and money in the end.

As an auto tech, I completely understand. I see it almost everyday. A little bit of mechanical aptitude combined with YouTube or whatever forum they saw it on are a dangerous combo. Usually ends up costing them more time and money in the end.
Well, I try to be a nice guy. I charge a flat rate no matter how badly they mess it up. I don't think it's worth making a thing about it and many times having the wife telling the husband "I told you so". So if it takes me an extra hour or so, I eat it. Best to help maintain "domestic bliss" :D

@Phil Perrin On my gf's lift bowl model, there are a pair of locating dowel pins that also need to be in place between the base and the head. I'd been making bagels so much that those pins were driven up into the head and there wasn't a positive locating mechanism. Those screws are just not sufficient to keep the head from rotating, that's what the pins are for. The screws just provide clamping force between base and head. Only took me the better part of 2 years to figure this out.
Luckily, it was just loose. I only had to tighten the three screws up to get it back to good

I'm always amazed how much this forums/website quiets down once fall comes.
Especially being native So-Cal, where the weather is just now cooling down/nice out.

Last edited:
I just read the first 10 pages while watching Monday night football. I'll come back for more tomorrow

I grill and smoke year round because I’m kinda weird about cook’ing meat inside.

that being said , I definitely stop taking photos of the cooks when the temps are cold

I'm always amazed how much this forums/website quiets down once fall comes.
Especially being native So-Cal, where the weather is just now cooling down/nice out.
Yes, it does seem to be quieting down, a little. BUT, there are still a lot of brave souls here who like my DH, the colder it is outside, the more grilling they want to do. I don't see how you all can do it when it is soooo hot outside!!!!!!!

We need to start a “polar bear club” for outdoor cooks when the temps are below freezing…

I’m game.

We need to start a “polar bear club” for outdoor cooks when the temps are below freezing…

I’m game.
Coldest I ever did was - 45 WC, temps were in the -20F
Did a High Heat butt just for fun.
That was back in 08 when I just joined, too old for that stuff now.;)

I’m game.
How about to join that club you have to grill naked as well :D

Attachments

• FB_20141220_23_28_25_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20141220_23_28_25_Saved_Picture.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 2
No thank you very much. With my meds if I was outside with below freezing temps for an hour It would take me three days to thaw out and get warm again.

Back