Q200 Purchase

G Savrnoch

TVWBB Super Fan
Well this past Easter weekend we were out camping and it became apparent to me we've outgrown our beloved and trusted Q120. My kids (now at 11 and 13) have bigger appetites then when we bought the 120 6 years ago.

So earlier this week I was at my BBQ shop and amongst all the pretty new style Qs e.g 2200 sat a lonely 200. I asked the girl I usually deal with what was the deal. She said it's the last one, floor model and the manager would love to get it sold. So they made me an offer I couldn't refuse and now it sits in my garage. I know it's a lower profile lid than the 220/2200 but that works for me as I need to store it in a smaller storage compartment in the side of my RV and I don't foresee cooking anything like big roasts etc.. while camping. I'm just going to be happy to have enough grill space to get 4 steaks going along with some baked potatoes or veggies.

Going to be sad to let the 120 go...........it's been an awesome grill. Always worked....not one problem. Cleaned it the other night for possible sale and now that it's clean, and the grate and burner still look so good........not sure what to do.

Last edited:
Just keep it!!! You never know when it might come in handy. Or gift it to someone who would get good use out of it!!

I understand your dilemma, I just bought a E 320 in NG and I have a 16 year old Genesis 1000 that I bought new and refurbished a couple of years ago. I also have a Q100 with the cart and adapter hose that was my winter burger burner. I won't get rid of my 16 year old genesis, to attached to it. But with two big gassers and a performer on my small patio I've run out of room so the Q is sitting in the garage waiting to be listed on CL...Maybe.

When the appetites grow again, you might just need both, one for meat and one for veggies.

A used 120 might fetch $60 or so. Not really worth it to me to sell unless you really have no place to go with it.

Back