Pumpkin-Cranberry Nut Bread

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
DH said to toss this recipe (he does not like pumpkin) but before I do, ............

Pumpkin-Cranberry Nut Bread

4 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
2 (16oz.) cans pumpkin
5 cups flour
1 TB. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups chopped walnuts
2 cups cranberries, coarsely chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl beat together the sugar and oil. Add the eggs and beat again. Mix in the pumpkin. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and blend well. Stir in the nuts and cranberries.
3. Spoon into 3 greased and floured bread pans and bake at 350 for about 1 hour. As with any recipe using pumpkin, check to be sure the center of the bread is done before removing from the oven. When done, turn out of the pans onto cooling racks and cool completely before slicing.

Source: Adams Inn-Washington, D. C.

No,No. I love fruit flavors and earthy nuts together. Heck I can not have a salad with out nuts,pecans,or walnuts in it along with dried cranberries. Takes it to another level

Makes bad food for us type 2's almost good for us as my Dr would say.... what my Dr told us to do is replace as much sugar as possible with Honey as I can digest that but not sugar.

Thanks Joan! Barb didn't make any Pumpkin pie or bread this year. Really missed it and we have four or five packages of frozen cranberries and six or more cans of pumpkin.
Showed it to Barb and she's all for it.

No,No. I love fruit flavors and earthy nuts together. Heck I can not have a salad with out nuts,pecans,or walnuts in it along with dried cranberries. Takes it to another level

Makes bad food for us type 2's almost good for us as my Dr would say.... what my Dr told us to do is replace as much sugar as possible with Honey as I can digest that but not sugar.
Kevin, I have a 2" binder full of Quick Bread recipes. I just finished sorting the ones that call for Fruit (by fruit) and soo many of them call for nuts. If I come across any that don't call for sugar, I will be sure to let you know. 🥰

OK Kevin, I found a recipe for a Peanut Butter Bread, no sugar but does peanut butter have sugar in it?

It also calls for whole wheat flour. If not interested, please, just say NO!!!!!

Back