Pulled pork for the princess's party

John Wheeler

TVWBB Pro
My daughter's third birthday party was yesterday. You know what that means?! Daddy's allowed to fire up the webers!

I picked up two, ten pound Boston butts, and a six pound beef chuck blade roast. One butt was for the party, the other one and the beef were for us for later. Here we go...

The obligatory set up pics. Started going around 10:30 pm. It was a heatwave around 10°F...

Kingsford comp with Stubbs chips for smoke. I added more chips when the meat hit the fan! Didn't realize I was out of chunks. Just I just got another excuse to buy stuff for the grills! :)

Lit with KBB.

Tonight's victims!

One of the shoulders ready for the heats. Rubbed and injected with the Chris Lilly championship recipe. It's the girls favorite.

The beef roast is rubbed with a 50/50 mix of True Texas Brisket rub and chef moritos. I like it a lot! I used the Chris Lilly injection in it just because I had some left from the pork.

Pork is in and Beef is on!

And through the magic of time... The pork is done

And shredded...

Everything turned out great. Got so busy with everything that I forgot to take pics of the beef! Lol. You get the idea. Thanks for looking.

Happy Birthday to your daughter John and she sure got some good eats as that PP looks great!

You are raising her up right, John, if she asks for pulled pork for her birthday! Congrats to your daughter, Dad!

@Mildo: I believe they are one and the same.

Back