Private Chili Festival, Chili Cheeseburgers

Gary H. NJ

TVWBB Platinum Member
Hey all. I've been enjoying everyone's posts here; I don't always comment, but I do love to see what everyone has been up to.
Our little, semi-shaded garden finally produced some respectable vegetables this season. I tried some new chilies this year: Anaheim, Poblano and Holy Mole. The mole I'll dehydrate and save once they are fully ripened, but the other two are better fresh.
photo1_zpsdbef370f.jpg

Anaheims on the coals to char the skin. Skin gets rubbed off and chili gets chopped for the burgers.
photo2_zps10d2ed4d.jpg

Meanwhile, parboiled (ok, microwaved) sweet potatoes go on the grill for some color.
photo3_zps7de84095.jpg

Chopped Anaheims mixed with 80/20 and on the grill.
photo1_zps2ac900ec.jpg

Topped with colby-jack and ready with Marty's sesame buns.
photo2_zpsb3d230a2.jpg

A little extra chili on the burger and good to go. Sweet potato salad has grilled scallion and poblano. Corn was on the menu, but no pics.
photo3_zps95d6333a.jpg

Thanks for the visit. Hope everyone had a great weekend. - G

Sounds like you and I have the same garden going, Poblano's, Anaheims, and four other peppers and Tomatillo's. Perfect looking Burgers my friend, what a great meal!

Great burgers Gary. Especially good when some of it is coming right out of the garden.

We've got the same thing going here with the peppers and after seeing those burgers I know what's for dinner tomorrow. Nicely done!

Great post Gary - nice lookin' burgers! I like you just chuckin' the peppers on the coals: you don't need no stinkin' grates!

Nice post, burgers are one of my favorites. Got lots of green chili stocked up in the freezer will have to add some next time we have burgers.
Thanks for the idea.

Back