Prime New Yorks, Twice Baked Potatoes and White Corn

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Was in Costco yesterday and picked up a couple of beautiful prime New York Steaks. They were around 10 ounces each. Looked at the Rib Eyes and they were enormous. As we'd had a pretty big and late lunch, went with the smaller New York's. Hadn't had twice baked potatoes for a while so did those as a side and rounded it off with some fresh white corn on the cob. Everything came out great. Here's some pic's.

Got the Russets on the grill over indirect heat for one hour.

Got the steaks all rubbed down with salt and Pepper. Used some of my Simply Marvelous Pecan Rub on the steaks this time also. Corn just buttered. I know yellow corn takes better pictures, but we really like white corn.

Potatoes are filled and ready to go back on grill. Pulp mixed with sour cream, milk and sharp shredded cheddar. Dash of Dijon Mustard as well.

Corn and potatoes in the grill over direct. Light direct on the potatoes.

Steaks on high direct heat for 2 minute sear on each side.

Potatoes and corn are done.

Steaks move over to finish over indirect heat for about 4 more minutes. Internal temp to around 135 - 140.

All done. Brief rest. Medium Rare is how we like our steak.

Plated and ready to go.

Everything was delicious. That SM Pecan Rub was great with the steak. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
That is an excellent plate cliff! Agree with you about the white corn I like it much better then yellow.

I know I've said this before , but this time I REALLY mean it.
That is the perfect meal.....seriously .......really.

Back