President's Day: T-bones

Russell McNeely

TVWBB Wizard
Well, they say the third time is a charm. First two attempts to post this I got to the end and pressed "submit" and it said I wasn't logged it (really?). Sorry, tired of typing now so I'll just try and get these pics up before I get "kicked off" again (help???).

Bonus: (I know it's not Weber) Ground meat jerky made using my new toy (food dehydrator)

Thanks for looking!

Great looking T-bones & spuds you did there. What kind of meat did you make the jerky with? Miss making jerky this year with elk meat. Maybe this year.

Thanks Russ. I used extra lean ground beef (96/4). I just mix the spices in with the meat and used a jerky gun to form the strips. Pretty easy stuff.

Delicious looking food Russell! About getting kicked out, did you check the little box that
says "keep logged in"? It is right there when you log in. I have done that before with a long post
and it will log you out after awhile unless you check that box.

Great post, care to share how you made the jerky?

Thanks John. The dehydrator I bought (link here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001HB1DYI/tvwb-20) came with a jerky kit (jerky gun + spices/cure). You just mix the commercial spices/cure in with ground beef, fill the jerky gun, and then use the gun to form your strips. Bass Pro also carries a lot of jerky making supplies. In my dehydrator, it only takes about 4.5 hours to dry.

Super looking cook and jerky Russell!
Happy to you back here and posting!

I hate losing a post too, doesn't happen often, so once it's written w/pics, I copy the whole thing just in case.

OhYeaH Russell! AWESOME STUFF!

I really LOVE the Phyllis Diller onions!!

images
I L♥VE that woman!!

Back