Pork Shoulder Boston Butt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rath, it is worth the $$ for a pay account at ripway. I ran into the same problem being locked out...6 months for $28.00 and 100mb transfer a day! CHEAP!!

A couple of things for ya on the picture posting bit, it's a rehash but worth repeating if it will save folks who missed it earlier some $$$:
Your Internet Service Provider may already supply you with web server space for free, included with your account (mine gives me 10MB). Hit their web site or give them a call and check it out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Rath *needs more than 5mb of download allowance* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> whatever space you do have available will go much further if the picture files you post are smaller. You can try to take small pictures with your camera (low resolution, less pixels like 320 X 200 rather than 1024 X 768) or shrink with software, here is a link provided by Joe P for a freebie program to do that. http://www.irfanview.com/
The difference is quite substantial. If you post top notch images from a 5 megapixel camera jpg images will be about 1.5MB each! The same image file reduced could be 1/100th the size or smaller.

*Rath struggles to reach the keys on the keyboard, his extend belly in the way*

OMG!!! Big hit!!! Everyone loved it! I put EC sauce on one and left the other plain. Have more plain than sauced left.

Shawn, thanks for the tip about my IP *smacks himself in the head* Forgot all about it. Had Ripway way back before I got cable.

Also, when posting pics, I set my camera to the smallest resolution. I compressed them with paintshop pro and they got bigger /boggle.

I will definately check out that link, thanks shawn.

Pull pics tonight after midnight. Need to *BURP* ah, excuse me!, lay down now.

Rath *trying to lick the sauce of his encrusted mouth*

Small update: ET-73 arrived 4 hours after the cook as predicted.

Rath *finding out what it is to be a weeble*

Looks like trouble to me on your picture host :
"Download Blocked - User Transfer Limit Exceeded"

/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

As promised friends Pulled
The one on the right got the sauce. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rath *Sorry for the download limit, checking Comcast tomorrow*

Me excited to see pics: /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Me pissed due to limit block: /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

You're killin' me!!

Sorry friends, tried to figure out Comcast's "build a page" feature. Uploaded the pics. Can't find them. Hate that!

Rath *not giving up*

If you figure out the Comcast provided space let me know. I also uploaded some files & then couldn't figure out the path to access them.

Greg, pictures are up /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jeff, looks like I'm gonna have to call Comcast. They use to have a "My File Locker". Wonder where it went.

Rath *not willing to be defeated*

Rath, Jeff, found this on comcast website, maybe it will help. Once you can open your picture with a browser, copy the URL from the adress bar into your post URL or IMG. Up to the directory name and including the / character may allow you to post a directory of files instead of posting a zillion links, if the web server is set up for it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ....your Web site will be viewable by going to the following address:
http://home.comcast.net/~your_user_name.

(Replace your_user_name with your Comcast.net user name).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back