Pork Butt

Paige Anders

TVWBB Fan
Smoked a couple of 9 lb butts last weekend. Got asked to do 3, 10 pounders for a cookout today at the lake. Both cooks were overnight. The WSM held great temps all night. It was about 240 when I put them on at 11 pm and holding at 240 when I checked them at 7 am. At noon was running about 225. I used KB and a combo of apple and hickory. The rub I used was Plowboys.

Cook #1

A little snack

Cook #2

This was at about 8 am. Started spritzing with apple juice

All Done. About 14-15 hours.

Sorry no pulled or plated pics. But here is a good shot of my happy boy at the lake with a full belly.

I injected them at noon and rubbed them a few hours before I put them on. Added a little more rub before I put them on the the smoker.

Your butts are awesome! All of them. I need some more info, can you please tell me if you used water in the waterpan, if you foiled them ( i suppose not), and what cooking T for the second session.
Thanks in advance.

That looks like a mess of meat and it all looks perfect. I love the nice layer of seasoning on your Weber.

Your butts are awesome! All of them. I need some more info, can you please tell me if you used water in the waterpan, if you foiled them ( i suppose not), and what cooking T for the second session.
Thanks in advance.

On the first cook I used water in the pan. The 2nd cook I did not and the charcoal lasted longer. The cooking times on the 2nd cook one butt cooked 14 hours the other 2 cooked for about 15.5 hrs. I put them on around 11 pm and spritzed them a few times the next morning.

Back