Pork & Beans

Webster

TVWBB Member
3w7AmrJ.jpg

Waiting for the beans to cook, time for a quick picture. The mini pork shoulder (4lb) reached 194 degrees in 8 hr 53 m at 230 degrees. Smoked a good bit using cheery wood, now resting. The beans have been on for almost two hours, should be ready soon. Going to shred/pull the pork for tacos and a sandwich or two. Mmmmm.

Perfection Webster!

>>>edit: If you want to use dried beans & speed them along, I use a pressure cooker-----got the idea from refried beans, but I made a really good bean soup a few days ago while waiting on other ingredients....the bean soup turned out to be my dinner...(beans, celery, carrots, onion, etc).

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of BBeans. What size Cast Iron is that. I'm liking the deep sides. I use a large skillet and want something smaller with taller sides so the beans don't thicken as fast.

rtllrOJ.jpg

lrW4oU7.jpg

That's a little 1qt Birmingham Stove & Range pot I picked up recently just for cooking beans on the WSM. It's pre-1960 and apparently hard to find in this size. The more common sizes include 2 and 3 quart models, but I've never seen them in person. I found this one on Craig's List for just a few bucks.

gUI7rDw.jpg

The beans were so-so, I have a lot of work to do in the beans department. On the other hand the pork was fantastic. Dig the Weezer tune. :cool:

Good lookin' pork and beans, Webster! And I like your bean pot. Now I have something else to troll for on CL!

Nice cook, fresh beans are so much better than canned, worth the extra effort to make them for sure!

Back