Pork and Veggies

Pat G

TVWBB Emerald Member
Doc says my cholesterol is a little high so I'm going to skip the rice and bread for a while. Last time this happened I grilled a bunch of veggies with some meat and it dropped pretty fast.

Tried a Weber citrus marinate. Only marinaded for about 4 hours because of the citrus.

The line up.

On the Performer.

Plated.

Everything turned out good. Thanks for looking.:cool:

Looks great, Pat! Keep cooking up "the other white meat" like that, and you can add back the rice and bread in no time! Veggies look great, too!

R

My doctor told me a few yrs ago, reduce carbs, cut out red meat, eat more fish, and get plenty of exercise. I ride a rode bike now average 40 miles each ride, read labels, and I have kept my weight in check. I know this is a bbq forum, but if you eat right for most of the week, you can splurge on Good BBQ every now and then. It's been working out great for me as my blood work proves it!!! That pork looks very tasty, nice healthy meal there!!!!

My doctor told me a few yrs ago, reduce carbs, cut out red meat, eat more fish, and get plenty of exercise. I ride a rode bike now average 40 miles each ride, read labels, and I have kept my weight in check. I know this is a bbq forum, but if you eat right for most of the week, you can splurge on Good BBQ every now and then. It's been working out great for me as my blood work proves it!!! That pork looks very tasty, nice healthy meal there!!!!

Michael. No doubt about it that eating healthier is good for you. My problem has always been my metabolism. My weight has never been a problem, I have always been relatively slim, with the capability of shedding pounds very fast. It's a double edge sword though. My wife has always said that it's what is inside that matters, and I know this is true.

I turn 50 in a few weeks and need to eat what's right to hopefully see a few more decades.

Yep, cutting back on the carbs is not a bad idea at all. Great looking meal. We tried the Weber Garlic & Herb marinade version this summer while camping. Marinated some pork as well that time and we were quite pleased with it.

Grate looking pork Pat. Nice colour on the inside.
I'm the same as you being a Skinny-Minnie. I am the same weight as I was at 21, now 54. I can eat enough for a small village and not put on an ounce.

Tony and Pat, that just sounds like bragging. Remember, many of us look at food and we gain weight. Me. But we are trying to eat healthier and that is a good thing. Probably going back on Atkins in a few weeks. It is in the genes. :)

I'm still a 32" waist.
But I have always tried to eat healthy. Thing is, if I want, I can eat crap and get away with it. I just don't.
Oh, & I can drink lots of beer too........with impunity. :)

Tony, you are now officially trying to make the rest of us feel bad. You are blessed my friend.

I'm still a 32" waist.
But I have always tried to eat healthy. Thing is, if I want, I can eat crap and get away with it. I just don't.
Oh, & I can drink lots of beer too........with impunity. :)

Bob.
I've worked on drilling rigs since I was 21, and had to work hard for a living. That has kept me fit.
I have to run around under the shower to get wet!! ;)
Apologies for derailing your thread Pat.

Grate looking pork Pat. Nice colour on the inside.
I'm the same as you being a Skinny-Minnie. I am the same weight as I was at 21, now 54. I can eat enough for a small village and not put on an ounce.

Just the opposite, I can walk by the bakery dept. at the store and put on two pounds.

Back