Poor service from Gazelle on iPhone sale

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
It’s that time of year when people are getting new phones and looking to sell their old phone to recoup some cash.

In years past, I have used Gazelle with great success but this year it’s been nothing but a pain in the ars. They’ve got my correct email address but I receive no communication from them. Nothing in my spam folder. When I called, they offered a fraction of what I was expecting because they claim their inspection showed lots of scratches when I sent a phone in almost pristine condition per their own definition shown on their website. They say they will reevaluate. I get a phone call saying that the evaluation is complete and they are still offering less than expected, oh and by the way, their records show that the revised offer price has been accepted and I’ll have the money in PayPal in a few days…I never accepted the revised offer!

I won’t be using Gazelle again and I don’t recommend that you use Gazelle, either. 🤬

I bought an iphone 13 from Amazon about 5 weeks ago it was labeled excellent condition had an iphone 8 in excellent condition they offered 61 bucks for it providing when I sent it back it was as described. This was 40 bucks more than offered on other sites and painless to send back. They give you a gift card for the trade in and I got the full 61 bucks. The iphone 13 I got would of considered it as premium myself was in like new condition no scratches on the screen or the case.

This was before the 15 came out so sure the 8 is worth less now but it was a good deal for me paid 519 for the 13 got 61 bucks for my trade in so the net was 458. I keep my phones along time so probably another 8 years before I need another one.

I like to use EBay for selling my old phones. I use it to sell anything that I'm looking to get rid of that might have some value that isn't too large to ship.

I recommend not having a cell phone.
Things work just as good for me now as they did 20 years back without a phone / data........
I am 70 nothing works as good for me as it did 20 years ago. :) The cell phones do my first cell phone was on a stalk in the car hardwired can't even remember what they would charge per minute but it was not pretty. I had it in my wifes and my car as we commuted about 45 minutes each way at the time in different directions so it was for emergencies basically and quick and I mean quick conversations.

I recommend not having a cell phone.
Things work just as good for me now as they did 20 years back without a phone / data........
In 2016 the pickup truck I had been driving for the past 20 years decided to call it quits.

My wife and I drove to the local dealership and bought a new truck.

The finance manager was a lively youngish California surfer dude.

We were having a lot of fun chatting with him until he asked me for my cell phone number.

“I don’t have a cell phone”.

His happy mood turned somber- “I never had a cell phone either until my fiancée made me get one so she could keep track of me…”

Once we were done and out of there we had a good chuckle about how he reacted to me not having a cell phone.

My new truck had lots of tech that played nicely with a smart phone, so I got one eventually- no regrets.

I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra from a phone repair place that was won in a drawing by a T-Mobile sales rep. who only liked iPhones. It was $300 less than anywhere else I could find. They uploaded all my old phone data to the new phone, put a screen protector on it and gave me case. Apparently this guy wins a new phone every month or two and just sells them. I gave my old phone (Samsung Note 9) to my son’s girlfriend.

I worked for Pacific Bell in California then when it went to Pacific Telesis and back to AT&T for almost 40 years.
We had the large case mobile phones then the pull the antenna up large cell phones and eventually the flip phones. Now I have a Galaxy A02 smart phone only because my flip phone wasn't going to function any longer with the new technology. I hate the thing! I don't use any of the doo dads that the Galaxy has and it's a pain to carry around. As soon as my two years are up, I'm dumping Version and the A02 and going back to a much smaller flip phone that's a phone only. Much easier to carry without needing a holster for it. Also just go month to month.

I worked for Pacific Bell in California then when it went to Pacific Telesis and back to AT&T for almost 40 years.
We had the large case mobile phones then the pull the antenna up large cell phones and eventually the flip phones. Now I have a Galaxy A02 smart phone only because my flip phone wasn't going to function any longer with the new technology. I hate the thing! I don't use any of the doo dads that the Galaxy has and it's a pain to carry around. As soon as my two years are up, I'm dumping Version and the A02 and going back to a much smaller flip phone that's a phone only. Much easier to carry without needing a holster for it. Also just go month to month.
Just got wife the Samsung Galaxy VFlip 5. She loves it. I love it too and could get one for nothing, but, I have an S22 Ultra. It's big, heavy and if it's in my shorts pocket when I am running around the yard it tries to pull them down. But the camera I LOVE the cameras on it. Amazing quaility.
Here is a cropped 10X (optical) zoom photos from nearly 100' away of my grandson in action. I literally just "grabbed" this shot outta the blue. This thing is better than even DSLRs were just maybe a few years ago. And it's a phone.
1698096054389.jpeg

So...the icing on the cake...literally a good thing, I guess, but it shows their incompetence...Gazelle has credited me on PayPal for the full, complete, original amount of money promised. You can't believe how fast I transferred that money before they could change their mind or screw things up further! :oops:

Just got wife the Samsung Galaxy VFlip 5. She loves it. I love it too and could get one for nothing, but, I have an S22 Ultra. It's big, heavy and if it's in my shorts pocket when I am running around the yard it tries to pull them down. But the camera I LOVE the cameras on it. Amazing quaility.
Here is a cropped 10X (optical) zoom photos from nearly 100' away of my grandson in action. I literally just "grabbed" this shot outta the blue. This thing is better than even DSLRs were just maybe a few years ago. And it's a phone.
View attachment 81042
Exactly the reason I have a cell phone (a Samsung S22). I'm grandfathered in with a Legacy plan at T-Mo. I buy a minimal amount of minutes every year to keep the plan alive. Having a camera you can conveniently carry around in your pocket everywhere you go, and can make emergency calls with - priceless.

PSA: Avoid a very expensive water bill. Don't forget to latch the coupler on your trailer ball, and above all, don't neglect to connect the safety chains just because you're in a hurry.

Back