Overnight Brisket on the Summit Charcoal

Jeff Eastman AZ

TVWBB Member
Ran at 250, wrapped when bark was legit.
Rub: salt, pepper, granulated garlic
Mop: ACV
Charcoal: Fogo Super Premium
Wood: Post Oak

I overslept my alarms, winds caused a temp spike to around 325 (after it was wrapped). I woke up to find the brisket at the perfect temp and probed perfectly. I could have likely pulled it 30 minutes earlier, but it sill ended up really good. I will try doing it hotter after wrapping again, this time on purpose.

(I did slice against the grain, my friend had never had brisket before and wanted to see what it looked like sliced down the middle!)
123971157_10221010337782521_1709390792560774273_o.jpg124034777_10221010339462563_8300442784438855333_o.jpg

Jeff,
Great looking cook, so what did your friends think about Brisket? They coming over again next week for another round? On a side note I really like how you set up you post with the temp, rub, mop, charcoal, and wood out front.
He is a HUGE fan! I sent him home with leftovers and he was a happy guy! He is coming over this weekend for my practice Thanksgiving!

Looks perfect Jeff, great cook, love the bark.
Nice to see you guys in the valley can finally get outside without getting fried. That had to be a rough Summer.
Up here in the high country winter has arrived lows in the low thirty's and windy. All but my Camp Chef and E320 are in the hibernation mode now.

Looks perfect Jeff, great cook, love the bark.
Nice to see you guys in the valley can finally get outside without getting fried. That had to be a rough Summer.
Up here in the high country winter has arrived lows in the low thirty's and windy. All but my Camp Chef and E320 are in the hibernation mode now.
It was a hot one for sure, but nothing a pool within 10 feet of the pit cannot solve! I have been working from home since March, and I will miss my ability to cook whatever whenever I want when I go back in-person next year!

It was a hot one for sure, but nothing a pool within 10 feet of the pit cannot solve! I have been working from home since March, and I will miss my ability to cook whatever whenever I want when I go back in-person next year!
Great looking brisket! Very cool that you spread the BBQ love and found another convert. You might need to pick up a SmokeFire before you go back to real commuting. That way you can keep an eye on and control your cooks while your kids are earning how a bill becomes a law. 😉 (Cue Schoolhouse Rock.😁) Those were my favorite subjects in HS.

Great looking brisket! Very cool that you spread the BBQ love and found another convert. You might need to pick up a SmokeFire before you go back to real commuting. That way you can keep an eye on and control your cooks while your kids are earning how a bill becomes a law. 😉 (Cue Schoolhouse Rock.😁) Those were my favorite subjects in HS.
I had a pellet cooker in May and returned it by June. I used the refund towards the Summit Charcoal. I did not enjoy using pellets, but who knows, maybe I will change my mind!

Back