My First Chuck Eye's

Greg B.

TVWBB Pro
Hi Everyone!
Dispatch threw me a bone today & I had a fairly easy route getting done early! On my way home I stopped by the grocery store to pick up something to grill. I went straight to the meat dept. and for the first time I saw some Chuck Eye's! Seeing all the post's from Mr. Jim Lampe's Chuck Eye's I really wanted to try this cut of meat.

The Chuck Eye's were small but like an 1 3/4 inch thick

I figured if I screwed up the cook at least it would taste good so I dusted the Eye's with some Tatonka.

Seared and slide on my little 18" Kettle, here it it is on the flip direct

My cook time was 5 beer's and it turned out like this

Turned out Medium but had an even sear on both sides, so next time, cook time will be 4 beer's! for a medium rare

Last Pic kinda blurry

The Eye's were very delicious, the beefy flavor and the Tatonka Dust was a perfect harmony! I'm definetly going to be on the look for the Chuck Eye's!!!

Thanks for stopping by! Good Night and I wish everyone a Happy and Safe Labor Day Weekend! :cool:

Last edited:
Yep chuck eyes are great and yours looks very good and you're right they will be even better on the med/rare side, great beefy flavor. I always cook mine to a 3.625 beer temp.
Of course that's adjusted to my altitude of 5368 ft.:)

Looks Great Greg!
at 4.19lb, hope you bought every package they had.
they go for 5.99 to 8.49 up here.

That sure is a tasty lookin' plate Greg. I too discovered Chuck Eyes here with the help of Weber Jedi Masters Lampe and Correll.

I'm a little closer to sea level than Rich, so the 4 beer cook time is spot on!

Great to see you had the opportunity to try the excellent taste of a chuck eye steak... and thanks for trusting the flavor of the Tatonka Dust seasoning on your first chuck eye!

Back