My Favorite Commercial Hot Sauce

Over my many plus years I have eaten a bunch of super spicy hot sauces. A couple of years ago my Wife was visiting “Old Town” in San Diego,CA. She brought me this bottle which almost blew my head away which has the very hot “Ghost Pepper”.

Attachments

• BC506A7F-37D5-4F9D-B87A-6D506FF3C551.jpeg
    BC506A7F-37D5-4F9D-B87A-6D506FF3C551.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 6
I’m a Tabasco guy, toured their plant back when I was….gee probably 11-12 (40 now) and been a Tabasco fan ever since. Badly want to go back! The different flavors go with different foods, as the original can be too vinegary on certain things. Big fan.

I also love Marie Sharp’s and El Yucateco, in their various flavors. Cholula is also a staple in the house, as is Crystal sauce.

At any given time I will typically have 10-20 hot sauces, but those are my go-to must have brands. I try others here and there.

Over my many plus years I have eaten a bunch of super spicy hot sauces. A couple of years ago my Wife was visiting “Old Town” in San Diego,CA. She brought me this bottle which almost blew my head away which has the very hot “Ghost Pepper”.
What’s Yours?
Depending on what I'm using it on. It's a tossup between Pico Pica and Tabasco, but I ferment my own hot sauces with home grown peppers, so use more of them than anything else.

Marie sharps is really good, pic above is top level hot……go for the black label to dial it back about a tenth…….
Amazon is expensive for it, I find it locally for bout 5 bucks a bottle…….

I am absolutely addicted to el yucateco green chile habanero hot sauce, the only condiment that has a permanent home on on my counter top! Love it!

Attachments

• 41AEI-J999L.jpg
    41AEI-J999L.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1
Marie sharps is really good, pic above is top level hot……go for the black label to dial it back about a tenth…….
Amazon is expensive for it, I find it locally for bout 5 bucks a bottle…….
Haven’t had the black but I did try the white, definitely wasn’t hot enough for my taste but still had the same great flavor. I Need to try some of their other products, there’s a lot of them

Back