Labor Day weekend from Alaska

Morgan C.

TVWBB Diamond Member
Sorry a bit late getting to post this...ok so my weekend was filled with stocking up on kingsford, getting ready for winter and my lovely wife let me purchase a new smoker from depot this weekend!! Ok so before I post the pics....been in a bit of a cooking slump lately...just recently I started watching Franklin BBQ on pbs and decided I needed a offset smoker to play with!! So I found a Brinkman trail master on sale this weekend and took the plunge!!

Ya I know it's not a weber...just wanted to branch out a bit! So far I have had fun...had to add some deflector plates and seal up some leaks...I got a gasket kit and lid snaps coming ! So Sunday I did some split whole chickens and made a Gibson white sauce clone to go along!

And served up with salad, rice pilaf and well...a drink of course!

Wow so it turned out well...real simple s&p and a mix of hickory and pecan for flavor! Was a test for sure and need to make a few more mods before it's ready for brisket

Ok Labor Day...decided some grilled salmon....I found a lime/garlic butter that sounded good so we made it and used it!
Started with a real simple s&p again

Direct on the performer!!

Drizzled with the butter and some lime zest!

Served up with parm noodles and sautéed beans!

Good stuff!

Ok happy late Labor Day folks!!

Oh you said Labor Day right??

Thanks and take care

Nice, new rig, Morgan! I kinda wish I still had my offset, but I think that's just nostalgia covering over all the frustration I had trying to learn on that thing!!! :)

Oh, and the grub looks great, too. Jealous of your salmon supply up there!

Rich

Thanks folks for the great response and thanks for not kicking me out for using a non-weber product!

Appreciate the support!!

Take care!

Back