Kettle Karma :: 3 great scores in one week!!

Matt in Vancouver

TVWBB Member
After keeping an eye on CL for almost a year now I have come to realize how slim the pickings are when it comes to old or collectable kettles here in Canada (At least here in Vancouver). Because of this I keep an eye on the CL just south of the border and have snagged one or two items that way. Anyways I came across an ad for a free redhead which I would have loved for myself but it was too far being almost a 6 hour round trip. Hoping for some Kettle Karma I passed the lead along and someone else snagged it.

Well.... IT WORKED!!!

In the past week the following fell into my lap out of nowhere:

#1) BNIB Weber Fireplace! I've always loved these and couldn't believe my eyes when it popped up

wf1.jpg

wf4.jpg

wf6.jpg

wf9.jpg

#2) Amazing condition "N" code (1991) SS Performer that still has the original plastic label protector attached!! This is literally like new, I cant believe it! I think I'm going to swap my existing C&B Grass green bowl into the SS and use it as my go-to.

ssp1.jpg

ssp2.jpg

ssp3.jpg

ssp4.jpg

#3) As-new "DI" (2007) Copper Smokey Joe Gold.

csjg.jpg

I paid less than $180 for all three items so I figure I did ok!

This should satisfy my Weberitis for at least a week or two :cool:

Happy Easter and Happy Grillin'

Matt

Thanks for the comments guys but it looks like we better adjust the title to read 4 scores in one week :)

Less than 6 hours after I started this post ANOTHER amazing condition SS Performer popped up on CL. I couldn't believe my eyes or resist temptation and now have 3 performers in the back yard.

I gave it a cleaning but it was more of a wipe down than anything else...
ssp21.jpg

ssp22.jpg

ssp23.jpg

ssp24.jpg

This one might even be cleaner than the first if that's possible! and has Touch-N-Go and the mini propane tank which is nice. I need to get rid of at least one performer so I am leaning toward swapping the CB Green bowl into one of the SS's and keeping the matching pair and selling the newer style cart.

Take care all,

Matt

Last edited:
WOW, now that is some deal finding. I would have a hard time deciding which one to cook on.

The copper SJ is cool looking

Gee Matt - don't be so subtle about your good fortune. Why don't you brag about it a little bit. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just kidding, of course.............nothing like finding these kind of deals to keep feeding your addiction!

Nice pick up on the grills Matt, I was looking at that copper smokey joe (was that the one from the valley), but I already have 3 in black. If your thinking of selling one of the SS black let me know - might be interested.

Back