Kaiwe Roast Beef

Gregory R

TVWBB All-Star
So I've missed putting flame to meat the past couple of weeks, but today was a cool misty day, so I thought maybe tomorrow. Time for a cocktail to think what I should make for dinner.

At good old time Rusty Nail (or two)

Hmmmm, what the heck, let's start a fire

Took out a Sirloin Roast and rubbed it with some of Ray Lampe's rub and injected it with some beef broth and rub. After sitting awhile was time to put it to the fire indirect at 350 with some Kaiwe wood for smoke.

Acorn squash with some EVOO and Maple Sugar.

Pulled at 135

Plated with the squash and some green beans. Dig in . . .

Thanks for visiting . . .

Greg this post brought tears to my eyes. :) Between the Pinch, (My favorite scotch), the Rusty Nail, (You did it right with the Pinch), and the meal, I am in awe. Just a suggestion. Try some Oban. It's a single malt and you might like it.

Greg this post brought tears to my eyes. :) Between the Pinch, (My favorite scotch), the Rusty Nail, (You did it right with the Pinch), and the meal, I am in awe. Just a suggestion. Try some Oban. It's a single malt and you might like it.

I'm with you on the Oban, Rolf. One of the first single malts I tried.

Great looking roast and squash. With a nice cocktail? Perfect evening. Excellent post , sir. :wsm:

Any post that can bring tears to Rolf's eyes, is going to make me mist up too: cause it all looks so good and I can't eat it... sniff - sniff :)

Back