Just a couple cooks on my new gourmet system.

John Wheeler

TVWBB Pro
Haven't had much time or much to post lately, but I finally broke down and got me that fancy gourmet set up.

First cook was just some simple burgs...

Smothered in A-1 and carmalized onions

Next run was some ny strips. Mine was marinated in garlic expressions dressing and stubbs steak rub. The rest were just montreal'd.

I really like the results of the gourmet system. Can't wait to cook more on it. Thanks for looking.

Those cooks look great. I also love my gourmet system as well. If you are into Chinese cooking, get a wok and try it. The Chinese I have cooked on my gourmet system with a 16 inch carbon steel hand hammered wok was some of the best Chinese I have ever cooked. As a side note, my wife has used the new wok on the cooktop and says that it is far better than the wok we have had for 25 years. That one will go to my oldest daughter.

I almost bought the wok at the same time! Just couldn't pull the trigger on doubling my cost at the moment. It's my next purchase.

John, you should check out this wok on Amazon. Less money and is carbon steel. Once it is seasoned, it will cook great. And it comes with the ring that will allow you to cook with it on the cooktop. That is what my wife does. While I love cast iron, a carbon steel wok is a much better way to go in my opinion and the one in the link fits the Gourmet Cooking System perfectly. Check it out.

Edit: If you go with this one, just choose standard shipping at check out. Will take a few extra days, but unless you are in a hurry, won't make any real difference. Another option is if you have a Chinese market close to you, they probably will sell good ones at a good price also.

Last edited:
Some Killer cooks!! I have the carbon steel Bob recommended but I bought mine directly from the Wok Shop. I am a huge fan of cast iron too but for a wok I like carbon steel, it heats up and cools down a lot quicker which I like. I have never tried using it on my grill though.

Back