Independence Day 2014 in small town Wisconsin

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Good morning Folks!
We started the annual 4th Of July celebration here in Raymond with two racks of pork ribs on the WSM
(one baby back the other spares)
IMG_9711.JPG

then ran off to watch the parade
here is a short video of the Town of Raymond parade
[video=youtube;6aVtmBWqdLk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6aVtmBWqdLk[/video]

returned about 2½ hours later... check the ribs...

IMG_9819.JPG

groovy... temp inside was the same temp when we left: perfect 240ºF
brother-in-law Tim and wife Cheryl came by with a cucumber-mint-gin cocktail mix... quite tasty!

IMG_9821.JPG

Cheryl's a vegetarian but enjoys chicken so I seasoned a couple of BLSL chicken breasts for her...

IMG_9824.JPG

ribs were done after 5 hours...

IMG_9825.JPG

removed the center of the WSM to employ it as a grill
tossed on cobs of corn...

IMG_9829.JPG

...and the bird breasts

IMG_9831.JPG

soon after, dinner was served.

IMG_9833.JPG

We hope everyone enjoyed The Great American Independence Day Holiday... you know I did!
Thanks for stoppin' by!

IMG_9834.JPG

So long!
sun_smiley.gif

Raymond must be a lot like Prescott Valley, our parade looks to be just about the twin to yours. Glad to hear you had a fun day and those ribs look outstanding ....as always!

Small town/Great people!
Pleasant family sitting. I'm sure everyone enjoyed it because the food from you looks super delicious (always!)
Nice pics Jim. Thanks for sharing.

Fantastic post Jim!!! Love those small town parades, people do take pride in where they live and like to show it off and I like seeing it.

What in the world does Racine County need the vehicle at the 43 second mark in the video though??????

You are one BRAVE man Jim leaving that smoker unattended and running. Hopefully you had someone watching it, right? If not that is the reason that charcoal grills get outlawed in apts & dry parts of the country. I never leave charcoal or smokers unattended for no reason never. No ribs or brisket is worth having a persons house burned down or a firefighter hurt trying to put out a unattended charcoal fire. Hope that this helps. And have a safe grilling summer everyone.
Russ

That is how it is supposed to be done. Good food, a parade honoring America, and family fun - it just doesn't get better than that... Great job as usual Jim!

Regards,

John

Great looking ribs and sides Jim and thanks for sharing the video and other pictures. I really thought you would be Grand Marshall of the parade this year! How many other residence from Raymond had their picture in the WSJ above the fold this year??? Enjoy the eats and stay cool my friend.

Jim, I see your lab in the background. Looks like to me the cooker had a good eye on it. :)

Nice looking cooks as always for sure.

Back