I will just leave this here

Another tank of a grill
View attachment 90558
It figures one would appear when I have the least amount of time to go get it. Despite swearing off Summits a long time ago, I’ve found myself looking for one of these lately to give it the full @Jon Tofte special treatment. There will be another, I’m sure.

But they are always out of date and a lot of places do not like filling them. Also $40 in gas to get it. If I still lived in Richmond I probably would have contacted them already;-)
Dont go to Uhaul, go to a rental place - they will refill anything, charge you by the pound and will fill it completely full

Did you get it?
I haven't heard anything yet from the 'seller' but the CL ad is still live....... I've been surprised and rewarded in the past when someone posts an ad in the morning and then never checks their emails..... there still might be a chance, but I'm putting it at ~5% now... and that is if I was first, which I'm sure I wasn't.

I haven't heard anything yet from the 'seller' but the CL ad is still live....... I've been surprised and rewarded in the past when someone posts an ad in the morning and then never checks their emails..... there still might be a chance, but I'm putting it at ~5% now... and that is if I was first, which I'm sure I wasn't.
Good luck. Love the price on such a recent model!

I've never had one of these grills yet...... is there supposed to be 'lower flavor bars' on this model? I know some of the later 'series I' gennys had them, but I don't know about these....

Screenshot 2024-05-09 190800.jpg

Also.... whats up with the cutouts in the flavor bars??? I've seen that on the newer series and wonder what the purpose of them are.....

Screenshot 2024-05-09 190833.jpg

By the looks of it, I'm wondering if they (Weber) were hoping for some kind of a 'swirl' effect from the bars..... I've just never heard any explanation for them.

So --- I'm abandoning all hopes for getting that fine specimen of a grill --- still haven't gotten a response back even tho the CL ad is still active...... :( Maybe I'll be surprised with an email or phone call this weekend -- its happened before -- but I'm betting not at this point.

Quick question to those familiar with the Spirit E300 front control and Spirit II E300 front control grills.

Do they use the same cook box?

Quick question to those familiar with the Spirit E300 front control and Spirit II E300 front control grills.

Do they use the same cook box?
Hi Bruce, Not exactly.

for a 3 burner the box is the same dimensions for a Spirit front control and a Spirit II front control. Same size cooking surface that is the same size as a 1000, silver b/c, 700, 3 burner spirit side controls.

Same length burner tubes for Spirit and Spirit II front controls

Couple of differences.

A Spirit II has no catch tray. The big one not the grease pan

Spirit II flavor bars have big notches in them, I don’t know why

Spirit II has a heat reflector at the bottom of the firebox.

All the Spirit II’s I had were cart models

Thanks BPratt.
I am going to swap in a E300 cook box and lid and drip tray into the Spirit 2 stand. The drip tray will hang a bit low for the lower slats, but that is just going to have to be OK. I found that the Spirit 2 cook box also has to mounting bolts in the front outer edges as well, but I already tapped in threads for the bolts into the cook box. I will probably put a SS 7/16 bolt on the back side as well. Otherwise, I think it is going to work out OK.

Here is the cook box from the Spirit II that I am trying to replace.

1715791511314.jpeg

1715791558859.jpeg

Thanks BPratt.
I am going to swap in a E300 cook box and lid and drip tray into the Spirit 2 stand. The drip tray will hang a bit low for the lower slats, but that is just going to have to be OK. I found that the Spirit 2 cook box also has to mounting bolts in the front outer edges as well, but I already tapped in threads for the bolts into the cook box. I will probably put a SS 7/16 bolt on the back side as well. Otherwise, I think it is going to work out OK.

Here is the cook box from the Spirit II that I am trying to replace.

View attachment 91068

View attachment 91069
Holy cow what type of nuclear reaction took place in there? Looks like Chernobyl

Back