I will just leave this here

Does anyone have any experience with one of these? Seems like a great concept.

My brother has one and apparently uses it on a regular basis. He "fried" a turkey for us last Thanksgiving, and it was really good. You didn't get the hint of the peanut oil, but it had great flavor and crispy skin. I would certainly consider buying one when and if my current burner kicks the bucket.

That grill has had some modding done on it. I would be very careful before using it. That side burner should be on the right side to the right of the control panel. The way they have it, the gas line would have to run around the cook box and if they didn't use a heat rated/shielded line, then it could be an issue if it gets too close to the cook box. But, for free, it is a great grill.

That grill has had some modding done on it. I would be very careful before using it. That side burner should be on the right side to the right of the control panel. The way they have it, the gas line would have to run around the cook box and if they didn't use a heat rated/shielded line, then it could be an issue if it gets too close to the cook box. But, for free, it is a great grill.
If he did it right, that is an excellent mod, because of the double drop tables giving the necessary work space.

If he did it right, that is an excellent mod, because of the double drop tables giving the necessary work space.
That grill could have never had a side burner from the factory. Only ones with the far right side table could. That's simply someone who "found a way". Not impossible though not sure if it's done safely

Does anyone have any experience with one of these? Seems like a great concept.

If you can get it, grab it. I've had mine for awhile. Turkeys come out awsome. beef or pork roasts. I'm using mine to do a ham for Sunday.
Mines a basic older model but some have collapsible racks where you can do chicken pieces like legs , wings, etc.

Timothy, I did pick it up. It is in good shape and has the basic basket and hook to lift the basket. I got it for $30 and it came with a propane tank 3/4 full. I am doing a prime rib roast for easter, but that will be done on my Genesis. I looking forward to a turkey or large chicken or ham for my first try with it.

Timothy, I did pick it up. It is in good shape and has the basic basket and hook to lift the basket. I got it for $30 and it came with a propane tank 3/4 full. I am doing a prime rib roast for easter, but that will be done on my Genesis. I looking forward to a turkey or large chicken or ham for my first try with it.
Awsome and a good deal.
They used to have a whole forum devoted to it.

Strange, I had never seen or heard of one before. In fact, I thought it had just come out in the last couple years since mine looked fairly new.
Oh, I got a "WEBER" cover for it too...I suppose it was designed for a kettle.

I think I bought mine about 10 or so years ago.
HD had them on sale for a C-note. I used to fry turkeys but the price of oil really shot up making this a no brainer.

Yah, I tried doing a turkey in peanut oil one year. It was very expensive and turned into a disaster. I don't think it was fully thawed when I put it in and it took forever to get up to 165. It was like turkey jerky. Then the mess and left over oil.
This is great concept and one I want to try out. I had no idea they have been around that long. Now they cost around $150 new.

Are they pretty easy to clean up? Any suggestions?

Yah, I tried doing a turkey in peanut oil one year. It was very expensive and turned into a disaster. I don't think it was fully thawed when I put it in and it took forever to get up to 165. It was like turkey jerky. Then the mess and left over oil.
This is great concept and one I want to try out. I had no idea they have been around that long. Now they cost around $150 new.

Are they pretty easy to clean up? Any suggestions?
Clean up is a breeze. The basket goes in the DW, spray it first wit pam .
The chamber can get scraped down with a putty knife, but like a gas grill you need to preheat it
Otherwise just cook on it. Mine can use the same foil drip pans that the Weber Q uses.
I keep it in the garage, Kept it outside for the first few years (covered) and noticed surface rust forming on the legs.

Back