I will just leave this here

Yeah that's not a skill I think I'm going to invest in either. I was hoping someone had better googling skills than I did and would know of a site that sold replacement cart. It's looking like that might not be the case
I can see a few different ways you could approach this. Seeing what replacement parts are still available would be one way. Do you know the model number of your grill? I'm pretty good at finding parts for these things.

I thought so. So, technically, if you want, you could wheel it into the store after 7 years and say it doesn't cook very good any more and get a full refund? Is that right?

I thought so. So, technically, if you want, you could wheel it into the store after 7 years and say it doesn't cook very good any more and get a full refund? Is that right?
Yep. Sure is. Seen it done. I think Costco on their own stuff is same way.

Right, I watched a video of a girl returning a couch to costco that she purchased three years prior and it was clearly "used". Costco took it back no questions asked.

Right, I watched a video of a girl returning a couch to costco that she purchased three years prior and it was clearly "used". Costco took it back no questions asked.
Seems soooo predatory to take advantage in that way. Basically getting it and using it for free and taking full advantage of a policy not intended for that type of use. But, I'm sure they've fractured those people into it and still find it valuable enough to offer

Before Costco changed their return policy affecting electronic devices (I think it's 90 days now), a friend of mine returned a three-year-old TV (maybe 32-35"?) that crapped out. They gave him his money back, and he turned around and bought a 50" for less money.

Here's a nice original. Looks like it would be easy to keep grilling for another 25 years.
433197172_919582649651339_225042655748849640_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/390500573749815/

There are just tooo many of them John except there are some crazy collecting going on. I know some one who recently sold a 18" Simpsons kettle for $375. There are several old kettles that can fetch $500 and up even in well used condition. Unless you are dealing with Vieluxe or Very good condition Summit, there really isn't a market for the old Genesis grills. Rare that even a well rehabbed one will get north of $500 for a special version.

There are just tooo many of them John except there are some crazy collecting going on. I know some one who recently sold a 18" Simpsons kettle for $375. There are several old kettles that can fetch $500 and up even in well used condition. Unless you are dealing with Vieluxe or Very good condition Summit, there really isn't a market for the old Genesis grills. Rare that even a well rehabbed one will get north of $500 for a special version.
Yes I agree.

These grills are remarkably well built, have a unique look and can hold their own gas grilling.

Every year there are fewer available.

Yes $1,500 is an unrealistic price now, but there are plenty of people with more money than brains.

I still think it’s possible the last standing of these old Genesis grills will become the 57 Chevys of the barbecue world.

Wishful thinking maybe because I own one, lol.

Hey guys, I just wanted to post this up to anyone that might want to try one of these out. Some people love them. I won't go into the pros and cons of these over metal bristle brushes or other grill cleaning options, but at this price they are almost giving them away and if you have access to a Menards, you don't have a reason to not give them a try.

I tried for weeks around Christmas to get $435 for my rare and carefully restored 1988 Genesis XX. I expanded my listing to the Chicago area offering to bring it there. Hundreds of looks and plenty of saves and even complementary shares on other Weber Genesis groups, but no serious offers. I plan to relist after April 15 - at a lower price.

Genesis XX with Christmas Bow.JPG

I keep having to remind myself that extreme Weber grill fans like us are a pretty small band, and ones who share our passion want to get their own "barn find." It is a rare shot that you will find a well-healed buyer who will pay a premium price for a classic Weber, no matter how rare or carefully restored.

Back