I will just leave this here

I don't have a good tray to completely submerge the wrench so I'll do the other end for 2 days and see how it looks. I didn't want to over soak the adjusting side.

20211101_185617.jpg

If you guys are really interested in rust removal, check out electrolosis electrolysis?
I've done that, maybe 20 years ago. I bought a complete set of hand reamers for $20 and a few of them were rusty. It worked very well, too. The process I used required a battery charger and a stainless steel plate. Also, @Rick W is a big proponent, too.

Eons ago (45 years!), I used to buy stuff from a guy at the antique car swapmeet. I thought it was phosphoric acid, and it worked really well, but it caused everything metallic nearby in the garage to rust. I went looking for it and found this website...you gotta see this webpage!!! I make no recommendation as to the product, but if this page doesn't make you want to mouse around for a while...

Should I scrub with a toothbrush after 24 hours?

Or let it go for 48 hours soaking?
Either way is fine.
What I do is an overnight soak in Evapo-Rust, If there is a lot of loose rust I use a brass brush and then a quick wipe down and back into the Evapo-Rust it goes for 48 hours.
I also strain out my used Evapo-rust and reuse. While it is not as strong a rust cutter as new I soak pieces for a week at a time with good results as well.

Jeff

I noticed a few of the of the "Silver A" grills showing up for sale have the older style emblem on the lid with the kettle on the left, vs the "Silver B" which has it on the right.

Just a random observation of the day, and, no I did not let this grill follow me home, even though I like the blue lid.

00U0U_20UDugwNEDEz_0gg0cc_600x450.jpg

and, also a Genesis 3000 with the newer style lid emblem. Perhaps they were switched at birth? or maybe the lid was swapped at some point.

1635880247715.png

There is a good collection of Weber lid emblems on this page (post #13 (early with TM) + # 16 (later emblems). Note that the kettle is further away from the border on the left on the early TM emblem.

Here is another classic example of "I know what I have," guy, clearly not
knowing what he has.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...5296140530412687&ad_id&rt=1&refID=0&refType=0

Subpar resto, poor cleaning job, Unknown BBQ brackets installed upside down,
no gas assist, but with a few good add on's. Worth about 1/2 his asking price.

"I know what I have," guys never disappoint. Rest assured, their merch will always
be overpriced, and you know full well they will be jerks to deal with.

Yah, he had gas assist parts, but it didn't look like the performer itself was equipped for gas assist. I think maybe the guy was going to restore it but, didn't know what he was doing and gave up.

Yah, he had gas assist parts, but it didn't look like the performer itself was equipped for gas assist. I think maybe the guy was going to restore it but, didn't know what he was doing and gave up.

The Performer was originally a gas assist (Casters only on gas assist models)
but he just dropped in a regular kettle, not bothering to modify it for the
assist tube. It's just funny anytime someone drops the "I know what I have,"
line as it always ends the same way.

If anybody ever compared the food I cook on my grill to anything on the menu at Outback Steaks, I would probably ask them to leave my property.
Ain't that the truth. I mistakenly went to Outback ONCE in my life Never again

Back