How many bags of Rancher?

How many you ask? Well that's the million dollar question, NO? If HD is not going to sell it anymore I don't have enough, if they are going to pick up the brand Rancher and continue to sell it year round I have more than enough.
icon_wink.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

folks, don't give up looking for this stuff at HD just yet. I was at one in Mahwah NJ yesterday and they had a pallet with 9 bags left. 2.99/bag. I had been there just about every week looking but no dice. this time, pallet was almost gone I knew it had to be on sale. 9 more bags in the garage.

I called my home Depot yesterday and he says he looked on the computer and they will have some coming in next week. Is he full of horse maneu

There was a guy in one of these rancher discussions that said he worked in an HD warehouse. That was a couple of months ago but he said they had a lot in the warehouse.

I'd say if you want some it is worth a look.

Three HDs in my area. No Rancher since mid-July.
The new one has been open about a month, they never had any, checked today still none. Sent an email to HD few weeks back, but got a canned reply. I will send them another one!!

Finally got my shed built - cleared stuff out of the corner into the shed (and trash) took all the Rancher out of my car and piled it in the corner - it doesn't reach the ceiling - guess that means I should buy more
icon_wink.gif

Only 3 for me....out of a full palette at my local HD (north of Boston, FYI)

I'll be doing my first smoke with these Rancher coals this coming weekend.

Not that I don't trust you guys...because I do!...I'm just kinda curious as to how the cook goes before I load up.

Quite frankly I'm not too impressed with K with my last few cooks...seemed VERY picky reaching/staying at a consistent temp (not necessarily running too hot)....so I'm welcoming Rancher with wide open arms!

Picked up 14 bags on a road trip through TN, cleared out 2 stores....well I left 4 bags in Sevierville, TN at the HD cause they would not fit in my car! Doing my first smoke with it this weekend too, Can't wait!

I finally spent the time to find an HD in my area that had some Rancher. After a 30 minute drive and loading 200 pounds into the cart, I was thrilled to find it wring up at the register at $1.99/bag. 200# for under $20 - hopefully this stuff is as great as the price I just paid for it. If it is, I suspect I'll regret not bying twice as much.

When I left there were about 40 bags remaining (74th and Good Hope HD in Milwaukee)

Couldn't believe my luck. I happened to be in the local HD today and decided to see if there was any Rancher left. Surprise; they had 10 bags left and it was marked down to $1.99!! Of course I bought them all to add to the garage collection.
icon_biggrin.gif

I was talking Q with my boss today and told him the price of it. He hadn't been to HD in about a month, so he said I was being a BS artist. He had to go there anyway to pick up some items for the shop, so I told him, "If I'm right, YOU buy me a couple bags just because you were wrong." When he got back, there were 4 free bags in the back of my car.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I'd say there were more than 20 bags of it at $2.99/bag at the HD south of Alexandria, Va. on U.S. 1. I didn't pick up any because I still have an embarrassing pile of bags in my shed, although I'm about to do q for 30 and should go through a couple of bags right there, at least...

37!!! picked some up or a cuple fo friends... was doen to about 12 bags of old kingsford!

Thanks for the tips would have missed this

Originally posted by rich langer:
Just bought another 16 bags at $1.99 ea.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! I need to go check my HD again...latest I checked a couple weeks ago they didnt have any.

Are you folks finding new stock??

thx

Back