HM version 4 Rpi 3d print case

I put the files up Mark, but as Matt said, you can also use inventor fusion. Ralph, it fits M3 nuts, but like I said earlier, is a real pain the rear trying to get them in. Hence, version 3. Let me know which display to you have and I'll make sure to finish that one tonight.

Tom

Or...

you can now download the 32-bit version of 123D from my Google Drive. :)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6yPgtXXa9tXSUNJb2RRcVp1c3c/edit?usp=sharing

I'll try to find the 64 bit version tonight.

And yeah, trying to get those nuts in can be a pain. But there is a technique. Grab some curved tweezers and scrape away at the sagging plastic at the top of the nut trap. blow it out and try to fit the nut. You may have to push it it with an allen key or screwdriver as it will be tight. if too tight try and remove some more plastic. I've gotten this down to about 1 min per nut trap. But your mileage may vary.

I haven't been too active on the forums lately as I'm trying to breathe some life into my shapeoko, and finish another project which I'll be sharing with everyone soon. ;)

Matt

Or...

you can now download the 32-bit version of 123D from my Google Drive. :)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6yPgtXXa9tXSUNJb2RRcVp1c3c/edit?usp=sharing

I'll try to find the 64 bit version tonight.

And yeah, trying to get those nuts in can be a pain. But there is a technique. Grab some curved tweezers and scrape away at the sagging plastic at the top of the nut trap. blow it out and try to fit the nut. You may have to push it it with an allen key or screwdriver as it will be tight. if too tight try and remove some more plastic. I've gotten this down to about 1 min per nut trap. But your mileage may vary.

I haven't been too active on the forums lately as I'm trying to breathe some life into my shapeoko, and finish another project which I'll be sharing with everyone soon. ;)

Matt

Matt, how do you like the shapeoko? I'm in the middle of a custom build cnc mill that I'm making in part for a research project at work. I'm just waiting on some v-slot to be delivered so I can finish it.

It's OK. For some reason I thought it would be larger. Just a little bit bigger would be great. I went for the dual X-axis and the second Y-motor as well. I'm actually working on an upgraded machine in 123D that uses much larger aluminum members and openrail with steel wheels. Something around 1m x 1m. All leadscrew-driven and no belts. Just better. I've got a full RAMPS setup to drive the damn thing but I decided to save that for a Kossel :cool: and I'm going to give an experimental 328p GRBL solution a shot. Gotta love open source. :D

What are you building for work? I'd love to see some photos.

I'm still waiting on the v-slot to assemble. It's going to be 1 meter by 60 cm. I'm using it to develop an in-house cnc for cutting custom particle beam compensators used in radiation therapy.

Very cool.

I have some concerns about the V-slot though, like debris accumulating on the channel and then causing the wheels to jump. Probably won't be an issue with a proper vacuum shoe/dust collection.

On the plus side it's pretty cheap compared to makerslide, and comes in a number of profiles (which is really nice).

The openbuilds people are about an hour away from me. I tried to see if they had a storefront so I could pick up an order instead of waiting 2 days and saving $20 but no. That kinda sucked. Even so they're pretty cool.

Very cool.

I have some concerns about the V-slot though, like debris accumulating on the channel and then causing the wheels to jump. Probably won't be an issue with a proper vacuum shoe/dust collection.

On the plus side it's pretty cheap compared to makerslide, and comes in a number of profiles (which is really nice).

The openbuilds people are about an hour away from me. I tried to see if they had a storefront so I could pick up an order instead of waiting 2 days and saving $20 but no. That kinda sucked. Even so they're pretty cool.

I am a big fan of their products. I'm using open rail on my reprap and absolutely love it. I see your point about the debris with vslot and delrin wheels. You may be on to something with the metal wheels and hard-coated openrail. How noisy is it?

Also, where did you source your lead screws? I went with the anti-backlash nuts at cncrouterparts.com along with the mcmaster screws.

I haven't bought any openrail yet. :( Just some other stuff. I've got to get this shapeoko up and get some time with it under my belt before I move on to a bigger openrail machine. This is a first attempt at a more modular shapeoko able to support larger rails on all axes. Still need to modify the Y-axis to reflect this. The design still needs tweaks for sure. But I last edited it two months ago. :( It needs some love to be sure.

JICMKYb.png

As far as leadscrews Mcmaster because they are cheap. But if I had some cash to throw around I'd order direct from roton. http://www.dumpstercnc.com/ has pretty good prices on anti-backlash nuts.

I bought some nema 23s (333 oz in) and will start off running them on a spare gen7 electronics that I have with 8825 drivers. I will likely have to beef up the electronics at some point but first I want to see how this performs.

Back