HM v4.1 3D printed case

Tom Kole, can you share the .gcode files also? I know they are printer and sometimes material specific, but I have a lot of questions and most of them will get answered by inspecting those files.

I could post them but I wouldn't recommend using them to print from. I'm not sure what you could gather from them that is not in the source 3d files?

I just received three of these today from Tom. They look incredible and really make this project look like a commercially produced product. I'm very impressed! I'm going to try my first HeaterMeter controlled cook tomorrow for Mother's Day, with a big brisket and a pork butt (pulled pork). Wish me luck....

Thanks, Tom!

Here is how mine turned out. I ended up using my HM for my first cook this weekend. A brisket and a pork butt done in my Vision Kamado Classic. Both turned out great (though the pulled pork was pretty much the best I've had!). Great job on the case, Tom!

13987770788_95d6493615_b.jpg

Last edited:
Tom, I printed one of the older cases 4.0 cases and in the next week or so I will be printing one of these. (once I am able to use the printer at work while no one is looking :) What size and length of fasteners to you use?

IMHO the extra 5mm is nice to have, with the 30mm bolts the nuts need to be seated all the way or you may have a hard time getting them to grab.

Does anybody have these files as something that can be edited with Solidworks? I am able to import the *.stl files but not able to make any changes. I figure it is worth a shot asking here before I spend the time to recreate them.

The .dwg files are also there which were made in inventor fusion. All of the details and links to software are listed in the first couple of posts. From inventor fusion you can export the files in any format you wish.

I converted the files for Solidworks this morning, If anyone else is interested I can post a link to my OneDrive or let Tom host them.

IMHO the extra 5mm is nice to have, with the 30mm bolts the nuts need to be seated all the way or you may have a hard time getting them to grab.

Where can these be purchased, I looked at lowes and they didnt have anything even close, and searching online came up with nothing, unless i want 100.

I get my fasteners from fastenal but they mostly sell wholesale, If they have them they might break upon a bag for you or they usually get stuff delivered to the store the next day.

http://www.fastenal.com/

Last edited:
I think Home Depot has them in the hardware section if you look in the drawer with metric bolts. If you can't find them, PM me your address and I'll put 4 in the mail for you.

Back