Hanger Steak and more

Dan Godwin

TVWBB Member
After a big day of yard work, I cooked a Hanging Tenderloin (Hangar Steak) for the first time from my local meat market that sells only locally sourced beef, pork, and chicken.

Once my 18" redhead was good and ready, I started with some potatoes, wrapped in foil with a little bit of onion and butter. I tossed them into the bottom of the grill on the edge of the banked coals.

photo 2.JPG

Once the potatoes were on, I seasoned the steak with some Montreal steak seasoning. I went pretty light on it, as I really wanted to savor the flavor of the steak. I also added some fresh thyme, as I had some leftover from yesterday's dinner (Crawfish Monica.)

photo 1.JPG

For an appetizer, I made some Cebollitas, Grilled green onions. I seasoned the onions with salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice (usually use lime, but didn't have one) and quick cooked them over the hot coals. Before cooking, I flipped the potatoes and moved them closer onto the coals.

photo 3.JPG

Once those disappeared, I cooked some green beans and garlic with some fresh thyme in a Cast Iron skillet.

photo 4.JPG

Lastly, the steak went on. I did a reverse sear, and after a short rest, sliced on the bias. Salad, Potatoes, Beans, and Steak. A great meal cooked completely on the good ole Weber. No plating pictures (was way too hungry) but here is the steak before removal...

photo 5.JPG

Looks interesting, but not like the hangar steaks I have had which were all longer and narrower than what you show in the picture.

Back