Handles on my 18 inch

Jason Howard

TVWBB Fan
Nothing too new here, but figured I would post a picture.

I picked up two sets of garage door handles from Lowes (4 total) for about $3 per set, and mounted them in the grill strap holes.

Others have reported having to drill out the holes, but not me, the handles I found had big enough holes without modification.

Total install time, approx 10 minutes.

WSMhandles.jpg

Hello Jason
Thanks for that great tip! I bought my weber the other day and went out to lowes and found the handles. They only had one sets left. Put them on and they are great!
Thanks again
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I did mine a little different. The setup is much the same as on the new 22 inch cookers. I used garage door pulls for mine, and installed them just under the rim. You can see them easily in this pic. I used sheet metal screws,
I did have to cut off the ends with a cutoff wheel in a Dremel tool.

IMG_1927ENHSMALLER.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim S:
I did mine a little different. The setup is much the same as on the new 22 inch cookers. I used garage door pulls for mine, and installed them just under the rim. You can see them easily in this pic. I used sheet metal screws,
I did have to cut off the ends with a cutoff wheel in a Dremel tool.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My handles are mounted horizontally also, I could never figure out how vertical handles would be very functional. +1 on horizontal handles
icon_smile.gif

Back