Half arsed Summit rebuild and ribs

Nate Frost

TVWBB All-Star
This morning I decided to cook up some ribs on the ol Summit but saw it was in even worse shape than before. So I decided to swap out the deteriorated fire box with a brand new one I've had for a while now. Spent a couple hours on it. I do have a brand new lid but decided not to put that on just yet.

image_179.jpeg

image_180.jpeg

image_181.jpeg

Found a little rust on the frame so shot that with some paint.

image_182.jpeg

image_183.jpeg

image_184.jpeg

image_185.jpeg

Ribs on
image_186.jpeg

4 hrs later
image_187.jpeg

Grilled up some asparagus
image_188.jpeg

Glazed with a mixture of apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and honey. This is what my little girls like.
image_189.jpeg

Sauced with my father in-laws home made bbq sauce
image_190.jpeg

Started eating and almost forgot to take a plated pic
image_191.jpeg

Great rebuild Nate. Ribs look very tasty. Keep up the great work. And the location looks beautiful. Great View.

Nate, that is one awesome rebuild and the ribs outstanding. Love the view you have.

Great job on the rebuild Nate. Great job on those ribs also. Hmmm.... that river looks very familiar:)
It should, it's the Sacramento River in Red Bluff. On a side note, a section of the Jellys Ferrie Bridge collapsed this. Good thing we are on the west side of the river otherwise that would be an inconvenient detour.

I remember reading about your FIL's Summit a while back. Thanks for the update. Great job on the rebuild and the ribs look very tasty.

Looks like a perfect day! Got your hands dirty with grease and rib sauce. Like everyone else... love that view!

Back