Grilled fried chicken on the Weber kettle grill.

~Mark~

TVWBB Pro
I made some grilled fried chicken the other day, and boy oh boy did it taste great!!

h2AkEGM.jpg

I made a marinade out of Buttermilk, Franks, and my dry rub.
Then after a six hour soak I started a full chimney of KBB
Then I dredged the chicken through a mix of flower and my dry rub.
After it sat for about fifteen minutes I poured the charcoals into the baskets.
Moved both baskets to the center of the grill, and put the grate on and put the chicken around the baskets.
I also added some poppers to the grill.
I should have shook the chicken a bit better when I dredged them, you can see some flower that didn't cook right, but it tasted FANTASTIC.
It cooked for just about 90 minutes at 400 degrees and the thighs were at an internal temp of 170.
It was super crunchy, and juicy as all heck.
Next time I think I'm going to substitute some poultry seasonings over my dry rub to give it a more traditional flavor.

Looks Tasty!

Made a batch a while back. soaked the chicken in pickle juice. That was really tasty.

Looks outstanding Mark. I just know that was delicious. The finished pieces remind me of a cook I do in my camp dutch oven, partly fried and then finished off with baking. I'll give your procedure a try.

Thanks for all the kind words.
If you do make this, after you dredge the chicken let it sit for about 15 minutes.
Then with a basting brush (I used a silicone one) gently bast the chicken with the marinade again.
I did this the other day and it got rid of all those flower looking spots.
I think it made it even more crispy.
The wife had an idea to roll it in crushed Jalapeno potato chips, after the dredge, but I haven't tried that yet.

Looks great Mark. We make something similar using a vortex. I brush the chicken about halfway through with a little oil to get rid of any flour spots.

Looks Tasty!

Made a batch a while back. soaked the chicken in pickle juice. That was really tasty.

Oh yaaa???? I've never tried that before, but it certainly sounds good to me. I happen to have a pack of drumsticks and a jar of pickle juice. I think I just found my dinner tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

I made some grilled fried chicken the other day, and boy oh boy did it taste great!!

h2AkEGM.jpg

I made a marinade out of Buttermilk, Franks, and my dry rub.
Then after a six hour soak I started a full chimney of KBB
Then I dredged the chicken through a mix of flower and my dry rub.
After it sat for about fifteen minutes I poured the charcoals into the baskets.
Moved both baskets to the center of the grill, and put the grate on and put the chicken around the baskets.
I also added some poppers to the grill.
I should have shook the chicken a bit better when I dredged them, you can see some flower that didn't cook right, but it tasted FANTASTIC.
It cooked for just about 90 minutes at 400 degrees and the thighs were at an internal temp of 170.
It was super crunchy, and juicy as all heck.
Next time I think I'm going to substitute some poultry seasonings over my dry rub to give it a more traditional flavor.

Gat dang that sounds good! Cooking tonight.

Thanks for all the kind words.
If you do make this, after you dredge the chicken let it sit for about 15 minutes.
Then with a basting brush (I used a silicone one) gently bast the chicken with the marinade again.
I did this the other day and it got rid of all those flower looking spots.
I think it made it even more crispy.
The wife had an idea to roll it in crushed Jalapeno potato chips, after the dredge, but I haven't tried that yet.

Great Idea. I been spraying with oil but will try that next time!

Looks great Mark. We make something similar using a vortex. I brush the chicken about halfway through with a little oil to get rid of any flour spots.

Great idea!!
I was thinking of a little melted butter, but your idea of oil might keep the crust from burning where the butter might burn.

Back