Gone with the Wind Pizza

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Needed a lot of heat for these pizzas. Plan was to get the performer smoking hot at around 500+, then the wind came up at about 25mph with gust to 40mph. Well that isn’t going to work and we already had the pies made so the oven it is.
When you look at the pictures squint real hard and pretend it’s the performer that did these.
I made a smooth sauce from the Ken Forkish bread book using canned San Marzano tomatoes from Italy. Tomatoes with good olive oil, garlic, fine sea salt, dried oregano, drained the tomatoes and then into the blender with the other ingredients.
We used our homemade pepperoni and Canadian bacon which was smoked on the mini, so Weber’s were involved.
Pies came out good. We weren’t trying to do anything spectacular just having a little fun.
Would have liked to put some smoke on the pies hence the performer, oh well we have an excuse to try them again.

DSCN1317_zpshjrhkesx.jpg

DSCN1321_zpsf1idnqyn.jpg

DSCN1326_zpstjri1hwv.jpg

Some sauce and mozzarella
DSCN1327_zpsafu7i7lq.jpg

DSCN1334_zpsrualeko8.jpg

DSCN1337_zpspe2r5h81.jpg

Barb made some pizza dough bread sticks with the left over dough.
DSCN1339_zpsyy6bg8b4.jpg

DSCN1346_zpsy7oywezb.jpg

DSCN1349_zpslhp3upqg.jpg

DSCN1358_zps6vpnhwvm.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.

I never would have thought to cook pizza in the skillet on the stove. What a great method. Impressive homemade sauce, I've yet to do that. Did you have to butter / grease the skillet? Very interesting cook, very tempting. Excellent pizza and pizza dough rolls. One last question, is that Barb's dough? No adjustments to it, to cook it in a skillet on the stove?

The Za looks tasty! We're on day two of 30-40 gusts to 50. I'm going to fire up the SMJ anyways and grill some chops!

Back