Fun with the Ranch

Bob Whitney

TVWBB Fan
Today after daughters College Softball games all the parents put on aTri Tip potluck. These sort of events is just what the Ranch is for. Wednesday I went to Smart & Final and bought three bulk packs at $2.69 lb five come in the pack. Friday morning I bagged them up in a teryiake bath. Wish I had taken more pics but things got real busy.

15 Tri Tips.

Thanks for looking.

Looks GREAT Bob!
and i'm looking forward to using our rancher this summer...

I laughed at the name of your grocer... I looked it up and read the history...
I assumed the name was about the SMART shopper and all sales are FINAL.
Now, I see it is not funny at all using the names of owners since 1914.
That's quite a history for your grocer, looks like a great place to shop.

OK, I've gotten a lead on what I think will be the right size WSM, hope to wind that up in the next couple of days!
Now you guys are getting the tires pumped up for a RANCH! This site may cost me my entire garage!
Thanks a lot guys!

Boy, those TT's look fantastic Bob. Bet that was quite a feast. I'm sure you had a lot of happy ball players and parents!

Bob you got me on this tread, Tri Tip is mine and Barbs favorite cut of meat. Seeing fifteen Tri Tips on a ranch is a thing of beauty. Luckily we are doing one today so I won't have to suffer for a long time to get my fix.

Bob, that was a fantastic cook all 15 TT. Your group must have been in heaven with all that awesome meat. I'm sure the sides were just as good also. As they say Good Eats.:)

Last edited:
Wow Bob - that grill full of MEAT would bring a tear to any caveman's eye. You don't fool around do you? Great looking cook - and great use of your cowboy grill...

Regards,

John

Now that is the way to celebrate a game.
The ranch is a amazing grill.
And as said above that is a boat load of meat, being done at on time you would need like three performers or more to pull this off.

That is one beautiful sight! I love using my Ranch Kettle and I really love Tri-Tip. I sure hope you had some help slicing all that meat.

That is one beautiful sight! I love using my Ranch Kettle and I really love Tri-Tip. I sure hope you had some help slicing all that meat.

Luckily one of the parents is also a professional caterer and she jumped right in at the carving station. I also brought all three of my "Good" knives which made that job pretty easy. The other must have item is my Thermopen. Only one TT was over cooked. The really fun part of using the Ranch is the people who come over In Awe on how big it is. What a conversation piece. Also thanks for the nice replies.

Back