Fruita wood

Chuck_B

TVWBB Wizard
Anyone every order wood from here? Places I could always get wood from have very limited supplies unfortunately.

Yes. Excellent products !!!
Normally get a 3 pack of Red Oak, Cherry, and Pecan.

Time for me to reorder also.

Yes. Excellent products !!!
Normally get a 3 pack of Red Oak, Cherry, and Pecan.

Time for me to reorder also.

Bob, have you ever tried the woodshed in Orange seeing your so close? We stop and get our wood there when we go to Cali to see the kids. Super nice folks and I've been very pleased with their selection and prices.

Hi Rich,

The Woodshed is indeed an excellent source for wood, and other things BBQ. I do frequent the Woodshed, often. Most of my large wood orders and charcoal, RO Chef's Select are from the Woodshed. Currently have a couple nice large bags of large Red Oak and Pecan chunks.

I will be there later this month. The California BBQ Association, CBBQA, holds our So California BBQ classes at the Woodshed. The BBQ 101 class is August 22nd at the Woodshed. You'll find me helping out, most of the time. From checking in the class participants to grabbing this and that for the instructors. Also see the girls at most comps. Should see them this Saturday at Huntington Beach.

When I need highly flavored, small chucks, I'll use Fruita.

Bob

.....a little late as I was out of the country, but, "yep"....

IMG_0922.JPG

Good stuff!!

R

Hey, Jim. 30 lbs, ~$60 including shipping. So, not the cheapest, but good, reliable stuff......which has not been my experience when buying bags at Homer Depot and the like. Too much variability.

R

Just circling back I did order and got 10lbs each of peach, hickory and post oak. Haven't used peach or post oak before. Can't wait to use them.

Back