Friday Evening Montreal Steak Spares

RDOwens

TVWBB Super Fan
My sister came to townand she likes ribs.

I trimmed four racks of spares this morning. I needed more charcoal and because I was under the gun on time, I picked up Kingsford for the first time in years. Came home, fired up the WSM, and seasoned the spares. I used Montreal steak seasoning.

I thoroughly enjoyed these. I smoked them on a big chunk of hickory and a couple pieces of apple. I wrapped after two hours. In the foil I only used squeeze margarine. After an hour in foil I unwrapped and placed back on the smoker. One rack looked as I expected. The others hadn't pulled back as far as I like. I should have left them in the foil, but I didn't.

The first rack was ready about 45 minutes later. I pulled another rack then too.

We gobbled up the first rack in no time. The second rack was just fine, although it had not looked as quite there as the first. The last two racks I left on for another hour. All were excellent!

Like I have said before, if the Good Lord had made anything better than ribs, he must have kept it for himself. I LOVE ribs and yours look excellent!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Back