FRI NIGHT/SAT MORNING COOKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Bill.........night. Guess I can experiment when I do the bird today and see where I may have to tape. Ordered the eyelits to so that I could run the cables thru them. Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MattJ:
...How are the BFlats doing?... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Haven't started them yet Matt, decided to start them first thing in the morning. They are small enough (I hope) to finish by supper time.

Just checking in...dome temp down to 220° so shook off coals and added a few for good measure. (yawning face)

**Shawn, it is the morning. U mean later today?
icon_wink.gif
***MattJ need nickname...mebbe Thumper?
icon_confused.gif

Is it time to drink beer yet or should we just settle for an early morning breakfast Bloody Mary? Of in one hour.....2 hours till I fire up the WSM and slap the Turkey on.

Dang hurricane looks like its gonna come closer to Tampa than they had predicted early last night. OUCH....better not dork with my cook I have planned for later tonight (duel BUTTS)

How's it going so far Keith?

Well I just checked the temp at the dome and it was 270. Im gonna try sand next time instead of water. That seems to be the only thing wrong with the overnighters for me.

Matt, no its not time for beer. Did that last night. I got drunker than Dean Martin, and I feel like currrrappp. But the awesome aroma spewing out of the WSM was worth getting up for.
DP

Just threw on a 6.25 lb brisket flat on with hickory and my own rub.

I must be obsessed at this point. I actually held myself to two drinks last night knowing Id want to get up at 5am to start the cooker. But getting up that early means I will be ready for a beer by 10 or 11.

Howdy all...got off work and got home an hour ago to find out the better half had did a big no no. She put my Kosher Turkey in the freezer last night after I went to work cuz she needed space in the fridge for something she made for dinner last night and for groceries she bought. SO...dang thing is frozen solid already. Ended up running over to Kash'n'Karry and got two 8lb whole chickens.. So looks like I'm gonna go down and get the smoker prepared and fire her up in about an hour. Planning on butterflying the birds and injecting them with a beer, pepper, garlic combo and rubbing them with with Tony Chachere's Creole Spice on all sides and cook them to 180 in the thigh at 235deg...should take about 5-5 1/2 hours.
Still planning on doing two butts for an all night cook later tonight...since I gotsta stay up all night anyhow to work a night shift on Sun after the hurricane goes by.

Dale, Jim, Keith............how the cooks going?
Oh and since I worked all night I think I'm gonna treat myself to an early morning beer and sit in the pool
icon_smile.gif

Matt,
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> She put my Kosher Turkey in the freezer last night after I went to work cuz she needed space in the fridge for something she made for dinner last night and for groceries she bought. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Those are grounds for divorce!!
icon_biggrin.gif
How dare she mess with a mans smoke meat!
icon_wink.gif

I see you lik the Tony Cachere's too! That stuff is awesome, and good on anything!

So far so good Matt. I ripped off a sliver and it is a bit spicy but GOOOOD. I like it spicy, but wife and kids prefer it mild. One day I will figure a rub recipe that we all will prefer. If not, Im having fun trying anyhow.
Tonight is brisket time, maybe.
DP

I agree with you on that one larry.

Dale how the cook come out.

I ended up doing one chicken and a rack of BB's the same way I described them in my last BB post. Here are pics for both. Chicken and BBs

Ended up not butterflying it...just left it whole. Turned out great. Used the

Cooked the Turkey during the hurricane. Seemed like a good idea....with no power it was the only form of entertainment I had....that is till I rigged up a power outlet via the cigerete lighter in my wifes car so I could watch football LOL.

Bill,

Got my Guru today...least thats what the wife says. I'm stuck at work all day today and tomorrow and then work mon-fri as well. I won't get to breaker-in till next weekend...I'm almost considering doing a pork butt or something one day this week. I'll be working a 8hour shift each day...figure with Guru I should be good to go without checking it for that period. Whatcha think?

Don't see why not...I would try some charcoal overnight on one of your work nights (half a charcoal ring should be good) just to make sure everything's working and you're doing things right, and keep things away from the house if nobody's gonna be there during your cook. Fire away with any questions...Better safe than sorry, right
icon_smile.gif

Matt, I've left my WSM and the Guru alone with just each other for 12 hrs already and they got along just fine. As long as you have enough charcoal in there the Guru will just chug right along. Hope this helps.
icon_wink.gif
Bryan

Hi all, just back from a friends house -- we did a bunch of filet mignons and a whole bunch of Liberty Ale's -- feeling a liitle blurry now, but right nice...

This weekend I did a boneless butts with yellow mustard and Texas #1 rub. Wrapped it up today (Sat) 'round 1PM, and took a bunch over to the new neighbors as a welcome with some samples of Scott's & Bone Suckin' Sauce.

On Thursday, I splurged and got a FoodSaver at Costco, so I'm psyched to do up some freezer packs of pulled pork tomorrow.

As Fred says, even temps all!

P.S. Hey Matt -- I'm curious -- what do you do for work that you're on the night shift?

Bill...now that the hurricanes took care of my tree problem LOL....I don't have any over head cover behind my pool enclosure. Right now I have my WSM up on some paver blocks sitting inside the pool/patio enclosure. I'm planning on moving it outside and putting it up on some stacked paver blocks behind the pool enclosure for those unsupervised cooks I plan to do with the guru. Still plan on keeping the spot I have inside the enclosure for when I cook and am home. Gonna give it a test run one night this week....probably do something inexpensive like a butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back