FRI NIGHT/SAT MORNING COOKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt J

TVWBB Fan
So folks....who's cooking tonight and whatcha cooking. Wish I was....still at work till 0600 Sat morning then gonna get a turkey going and then do a overnighter Sat night with 2 x 8.5 lb butts. Gonna do one with the MR. Brown and one with the yellow stuff with some Tony Chachere's Creole Spice.

GOOO Away JEANNE

Nothin' tonight, butt...Got a butt going on tomorrow evening for the Sis in law and I have a 3.5 lb chuck roast that I'm gonna do "Rath's BBQ beef tacos" with at the same time.
icon_cool.gif

Bill..them tacos sound good. I remember reading about it earlier in the week. We're just talking about putting taco seasoning on "Chuck" and then cooking em' just like normal 225-250 till 190-205 based on personal prefs? That sound right or how r u doing it.

Hey guys I got 2 butts smoking right now. I am trying a new rub concoction that I threw together. I also bought a brisket that I was going to cook but time didnt work out. An old friend stopped over and that was worth it. I might freeze the brisket if I dont get to it this weekend. (No problem). The WSM really is the best. After getting used to it a bit, setting the temp isnt a problem at all. I know where to set the dampers and forget it.Piece of cake.
DP

Susan,

You mentioned last night about using some to make hot sauce after you dry them. I've been wanting to experiment with hot sauce production for years but have no idea how to get started. How do you do it or do you have any refs I can look at online for help..thx

icon_smile.gif
Finally, my 100th POST
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MattJ:
Bill..them tacos sound good. I remember reading about it earlier in the week. We're just talking about putting taco seasoning on "Chuck" and then cooking em' just like normal 225-250 till 190-205 based on personal prefs? That sound right or how r u doing it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Matt, Gonna keep my temps down around 220-225 (Guru, you know) and pretty much follow what Rath did. His was de-fatted (is that a word
icon_rolleyes.gif
) which allowed him to apply more of the seasoning to the inner parts. I haven't unpacked mine yet (2 in vacu-seal) but I doubt they were internally trimmed. I'll go from there
icon_smile.gif

BTW, congrats...Matt 101
icon_smile.gif
(well, it was at the time
icon_wink.gif
)

Bill,

Have been wanting to buy me a Guru for quite awhile....just went to there site and ordered me one.

Has anyone looked at the remote system the are offering now. Pricy but cool. Does this thing hook up to the guru or does it come with the guru or is it simply meant tobe a remote just like all the other wireless ones but that it has a MUCH longer range? Any ideas?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MattJ:
Have been wanting to buy me a Guru for quite awhile....just went to there site and ordered me one. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That's great, Matt. You'll be very happy with it
icon_wink.gif
Where's my commission
icon_mad.gif
? Just kidding.

From what I saw about the new product at theBBQGuru.com (and I only briefly looked at it), it's a remote sensor/controller with extreme range. However, in order to control, you have to add the fan, power supply and adapter.

Bill,

So in otherwards if you already have a guru and you hook this gizmo up to it then you can contol for guru from down the block at the neighbors house
icon_smile.gif

Now I'm just waiting for someone to come out with a device to hookup that lets me control the smoker temps from my cell phone...hmm.....could tail-gate at a bucs game and by the time the games over I'd come back to my truck and whammmm......PORK BUTT FOR everyone
icon_smile.gif

Bill,

Any idea how quick they ship out your Guru's. I had them ship it the quickest means possible....but they don't say how quick they turn their orders. Any thoughts?

Dang.........I'm just very impatient. Was hoping they'd ship it tomorrow LOL with overnight UPS it'd be here on Sun....hmm does UPS deliver on Sun... Oh well...sometime early next week will do. Have you had any probs with airflow leaks. I know I bent one of my vents bottom vents a bit and it leaks...Going to have to seal it up a bit with some tape. Going to use some of the tape you wrap heater hoses with to patch them in cars. Any thoughts?

Has everyone called it a night
icon_smile.gif

Shawn,

How are the BFlats doing?

How are your BUTTS doing Dale?

Only 4 1/2 more hours till I get to go home LOL....gotta stop SUPER WALMART and score some charcoal...so I can fire'er up when I get home and put the Turkey on. Decided to do it a bit slower, 240deg instead of the higher 330ish range cuz I got ahold of a Kosher bird that was already brined.

Maybe it's changed, but a while back, I read that they build to order...No stock..Not a bad thing, and within 7 to 10 days, your order is delivered.

Airleaks? Each WSM is different. Mine had fairly loose lower vents which required that I tape them all shut. Others have mis-shaped mid sections, ill-fitting access doors, etc...Check out some of the archives here on the site and here's the manual for the Guru..Should give you a head start
icon_wink.gif

Now, it's off to bed with me ~ Way past my bedtime
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back