Flashlights!

Small focusing Brinkmann penlight style.
When I worked for the phone co., we gave each of our techs one of these lights, if they broke, they turned them in for a new one. I asked my boss what he wanted to do with the old ones. He told me to just chuck them.
Well, being the pack rat that I am I threw them in a drawer and when I retired I took them with me all 54 of them.
I was able to fix 30+ of them and now about 15 are spread out through the house.

Small focusing Brinkmann penlight style.
When I worked for the phone co., we gave each of our techs one of these lights, if they broke, they turned them in for a new one. I asked my boss what he wanted to do with the old ones. He told me to just chuck them.
Well, being the pack rat that I am I threw them in a drawer and when I retired I took them with me all 54 of them.
I was able to fix 30+ of them and now about 15 are spread out through the house.

I have a few AA mini mags. Have you converted any to LED ?

I have many flash,and head lamps mostly AA style but the newer head lamps are USB types. All have been or were purchased in LED fourm. I even have two big Mag lites from the 80's one 3 C cell and another 5 D cell. Great for late night visitors!!!!

When I was a cop it was this one or it's Mag Lite comparable...the MagLites were rechargeable...they served other functions besides light.

1000010204.jpg

Now, I like these:1000010205.jpg
Also, those headlamp flashlights are really handy:
1000010206.jpg

When I worked for the state I used the first two that Jay posted but preferred the smaller one most of the time.
I still carry the small one when I need to.

Carry a flashlight at work everyday these are really nice, charge lasts a long time and the laser is very handy.
IMG_6674.jpeg

I lose so many, I just will pick up one or 2 of those little solid aluminum ones such as at Harbor Freight, Fleet Farm, Farm and Fleet, Menards. If I see them cheap enough (especially if they come with batteries) I'll buy a couple. I rarely have them long enough to need new batteries. Lose them all over the place. I.E., somewhere (who knows where) I have a really nice Maglite LED pocket flashlight. No clue where it is

Used a 4 D cell MagLite in the shop for years (closed in 2002). After that, it was kept under the kitchen sink for 20+ years until the batteries corroded and ruined it. We've got a few mini LED flashlights laying around the house as well as a SnakeLight in the car and an LED grill light in each of our 2 sheds.

Favorite was always the big MagLite. Great flashlight and self defense all-in-one.

Favorite was always the big MagLite. Great flashlight and self defense all-in-one.
There was an expression in the cops..."wood shampoo"... aircraft aluminum works too. "MagLite tattoo"...and such. Had the MagLite holder for my duty belt. More versatile than those issued, goofy PR-24s.

Last edited:
I had that big maglite, kept it in my workvan right next to me. It had a grip you slide your hand in like a brass knuckle..
My BIL was CPD, he recommended it.
Those big Maglites get awful cold in the winter, don't they?

Back