First 7 Rib Roast

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Merry belated Christmas brothers & sisters in BBQ

I've always wanted to do a full 7 rib roast, but it's too hard to justify, that is until Food Maxx had full 7 rib roasts for just over $100. Yes sir, 18 LBS rib roast for just over $100, now it makes sense to finally cook one, and check off a bucket list item. Sorry for some blurry shots, I'm taking live photos and imgur doesn't like live photos all that much

pPkq25Q.jpg

Homemade paste: Butter, Fresh Rosemary, Fresh Garlic & Fresh Oregano...oh my

hDVMr7j.jpg

Onto the spit

BKP4QtA.jpg

One hour into the cook, the smell is off the chart

aYkFAn6.jpg

Two hours, starting to look pretty

ud2u567.jpg

Three hours, getting very close, getting 120 in the skinny part, and 115 in the meatier part

3.5 hours later, shes 120 to 125 depending where you probe

goOZmwD.jpg

A near perfect cook

YFQY8w6.jpg

Some of you might be wondering why a 7 rib roast was a bucket list item, well this is why. Twice cooked ribs. Probably the best thing I've ever made / had. 2018 Christmas dinner was one for the books

g1rurCb.jpg

C5rAUtJ.jpg

Welcome back Chuck. That is one beautiful roast. Cooked just the way I prefer and I just know it was delicious. Hope you can stick around for a while this trip.

Thas just beautiful, Chuck! Really like the pic of the roast carved. What I really like is "dem bones!" I know they were fantastic.

That rack of beef ribs pushes it over the top - I bet you've had some killer leftovers!

Chuck, you out did yourself that is fantastic. That pic of the roast carved tells the story and if you have left overs even better. I'd even take one of those bones to work on lots of good stuff.

Glad you're back Chuck. That roast looks perfect. Our local fry's (Kroger) had whole in the bag rib roasts for $3.97 a pound. Needless to say my freezers now have twelve 1 1/2" ribeye steaks and three 2 bone roasts. When you can buy a rib roast for the price of hamburger how can you say no.

Back