Favorite Christmas Movies

Gene Brownson

TVWBB All-Star
An oldie but a goodie thread revisited

My favorite Christmas movies

1st and foremost National Lampoons Christmas Vacation

A close 2nd Four Chritmas’s all the characters are a riot

And 3rd the classic A Christmas Carol with the one and only George C. Scott

How about you? Your favorite? More thank one maybe?

In no particular order:

Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
Elf

With releases in mid-December the last three years, Star Wars is starting to feel Christmas-y. :p

White Christmas
A Christmas Story
Christmas Vacation
A Charlie Brown Christmas (like the music)

Although this is not a movie, my number one is.
Twilight Zone Night of the Meek -- Merry Christmas with Art Carney.
Christmas Vacation.
And Elf, I watched it yesterday.

The last scene of Night of the Meek ...Whole version free on Youtube if you have Amazon prime.

https://youtu.be/Jwy330BSHEY

Last edited:
Lots of good movies listed so far, I always enjoy Christmas Time In South Park but that's not exactly a movie, just a collection of their Christmas episodes. SP can be a little irreverent but I've almost always enjoyed it. Then there's Santa's Slay, but it's more like a B horror movie.

Die Hard & Trading Places probably don't count....

No votes yet for It's a Wonderful Life? It's the only movie with a live-fire cooking scene!;) Plus, the restored version with the famous lost ending (apologies for the ads) is a classic!

A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation round out my top 3, although in reality they're all tied for first place.

Last edited:
No votes yet for It's a Wonderful Life? It's the only movie with a live-fire cooking scene!;) Plus, the restored version with the famous lost ending (apologies for the ads) is a classic!

A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation round out my top 3, although in reality they're all tied for first place.

Always a good choice - I'll have to check out the lost ending that I don't think I've heard about.

Here's another old-timey classic: Rudolph the red nosed Reindeer

Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas With The Chipmunks Special
https://youtu.be/cOmTFkz5zfU

Back