Does this look right on my Genesis 5000?

MarkCuda

TVWBB Member
1000006886.jpg1000006889.jpg1000006887.jpg1000006888.jpg
The first two pictures of my 5000 I completely restored last year.
The 3rd and 4th pictures are from a 5000 I got a few weeks ago, can you see the difference on the propane tank pointer position on the two grills, much differently they are.
My 5000 is a early 90s, the other I'm guessing a mid 90s ?
Is my pointer in the correct spot, during disassembly and reassembly, I didn't change anything.

When the flip up table is in the up position and the tank is say half full, the pointer is fine but if I was to lower the table, it comes in contact with the pointer.

At some point, when the tank gets lighter, the pointer works its way up and eventually the wood slats comes in contact with the pointer when it gets lowered.

I guess I am not seeing where any of the wood slats are anywhere near the pointer on either grill.

OK, I see that now. I would say maybe someone just threw an older style tank gauge on that grill, but I don't see that cutout in the side panel for the style that goes to the other side of the frame leg. Is it possible that grill came with either no right side flip up table at all or maybe it had a condiment rack in its place like the one on a skyline?

You guys have been a huge help, thank you all very very much.
Stephen, I'm thinking of staining your beautiful wood slats 🤔

Pretty sure the straight gauge is an older style and the zig-zag one is newer. Do you think it's possible you might have a Genesis 5 and a Genesis 5000? BTW... Nice suitcase weights there.

Pretty sure the straight gauge is an older style and the zig-zag one is newer. Do you think it's possible you might have a Genesis 5 and a Genesis 5000? BTW... Nice suitcase weights there.
I agree. I think when they switched to the dogleg, they had to add that hole in the side panel of the 5/5000.

Back