Dinner: The Bacon Hades Burger

DBWallis

TVWBB Super Fan
I posted in an earlier thread about making some bacon jam in preparation for tonight's dinner.

I present to you, the Bacon Hades Burger!

Let's start with a buttered, toasted sesame seed bun:

F93BFF97-97C0-4329-806E-193FE41646E8.jpg

Slather the bottom bun with mayo (because why not), the mid-rare burger with bacon-onion-poblano jam, and the top bun with cream cheese anointed with garlic and chopped Carolina Reaper peppers:

109BBD69-E942-4562-AD52-674BF018F638.jpg

Add a side of Srirach/bacon potato salad, and viola! The Bacon Hades Burger!

7D3FE59B-CC79-4684-ABD3-DDCB9DB0BC8E.jpg

This thing was so flavorful, it makes me want to slap my mamma and the doctor that birthed me!

That cream cheese was so hot, it could ignite a rock! It was awesome, but I'm afraid to burp!

breathing_fire_by_alecan.jpg

in case anyone didn't notice, he used the hottest pepper in the world!

I've been a bit of a chile head for the last 9-10 years, and I know I'd try it, but whoa boy!!!! might just feel like the first time my GF's old man made me a habanero omelet at their cabin (we didn't eat much of it) :)

Great looking burger David, but just to hot for me. Could be interesting the next morning for sure.

We're well over my head when we start anointing food!

Looks good. I love spicy food, but not so spicy as to be unenjoyable. Sounds like you're getting awfully close!

in case anyone didn't notice, he used the hottest pepper in the world!

I've been a bit of a chile head for the last 9-10 years, and I know I'd try it, but whoa boy!!!! might just feel like the first time my GF's old man made me a habanero omelet at their cabin (we didn't eat much of it) :)

To be fair, these had been seeded before being added to the cream cheese. There were about 3 1/2 peppers in 4 oz. of cream cheese, and I had about 1 ounce... so that's a little less than one pepper on my burger. I definitely had to blow my nose a couple times while eating!

Oh, and this morning was significantly less intense than a couple weeks ago when dinner was 16 jalapeno poppers ;)

I have to say, this burger was one of the best tasting burgers I've ever had! The char on the burger, the sweet/savory of the bacon jam and the heat from the peppers combined in a magical way :)

Back