Denver Steak

Dan Godwin

TVWBB Member
After taking the day off for my son's outpatient surgery where he had his adenoids removed, and tubes put in the ear successfully, I took the evening to grill even if the weather wasn't ideal for cooking outside. Within hours of being home, Marshall was acting completely himself, and showed no signs of being under the knife just a few hours ago.

I had the opportunity to cook up a new offering from my local butcher. They are offering some new economy beef cuts, including the ranch steak and the Denver steak. I picked out two packages of the Denvers a couple days ago and grilled them up tonight.

05.jpg

06.jpg

I did a little research and the Denver is cut from the Chuck, and is sometimes referred to as an under blade steak. The steaks were lightly seasoned with a little Montreal seasoning. I did a reverse sear and cooked them with some local asparagus.

07.jpg

09.jpg

After a quick rest, the steaks served with a farmer's market salad, the asparagus, and some Chicken Alfredo.

08.jpg

10.jpg

These are priced about 35 cents more a pound than hamburger meat. I would love to try them if they were available in my area.

Back