Cyber Monday - Weber Summit Kamado S6

Duane, so are those breakaway doors on the lower level so if it floods again the water comes out the back or whatever? I used to live in Cape Cod and when the beach houses direct ocean were rebuilt as many got destroyed in a hurricane many many years ago they had to go up on stilts they use panels so you can't tell but if the ocean floods them the water comes in from the front and out the back so the structure is not damaged.

Congrats on the grill.

Duane, so are those breakaway doors on the lower level so if it floods again the water comes out the back or whatever? I used to live in Cape Cod and when the beach houses direct ocean were rebuilt as many got destroyed in a hurricane many many years ago they had to go up on stilts they use panels so you can't tell but if the ocean floods them the water comes in from the front and out the back so the structure is not damaged.

Congrats on the grill.
Regular doors but there are six flood vents built into the block foundation to relieve pressure and let water flow through. Every other row of block has double horizontal rebar, there’s vertical rebar as well every few feet. The cells are filled with concrete where the verticals are. Fortunately, it hasn’t happened again since we did all this. But it’s come close…

Last edited:
So, mine was supposed to be delivered on the 21st of December but I just got a call from a trucking company asking if they could deliver it tomorrow. YES, YES you can! lol. I'll be getting mine tomorrow, it looks like.

Then I'll be putting it together in my garage and it'll be just like every brand new Weber grill I put together.... I have this scene going through my mind.

So I told her if it goes down to $1350 i'm buying one (safe bet that it won't!) She said why do you want one. I said I don't know. She said you are going to spend $1350 and you don't know why you want one. I said yes. She said then you have to get rid of something.

I take that as a yes 😁

So I told her if it goes down to $1350 i'm buying one (safe bet that it won't!) She said why do you want one. I said I don't know. She said you are going to spend $1350 and you don't know why you want one. I said yes. She said then you have to get rid of something.

I take that as a yes 😁
Ed look at Eric's posting even with freight you should be easily under the $1,350.00.

I take that as a yes 😁
Well, that's on you a little bit. You HAVE to have a reason locked up and ready to go. lol. And, it's a grill so anything you say she probably won't really care about anyway, so just have something ready. "Because of the double walled design I will use way less charcoal and it'll allow me to more efficiently and effectively smoke and grill dinner for my beautiful wife and family." See, it's not that difficult. Ha

I take that as a yes 😁
Best story I have read all day.

Thank you.

Ed look at Eric's posting even with freight you should be easily under the $1,350.00.

If I bought one, I'd have to stop looking.

Best story I have read all day.

Thank you.

It helps that we are vacationing at the beach this week, celebrating our 55th wedding anniversary. She's weakened considerably.

20231212_105752.jpg

Well, that's on you a little bit. You HAVE to have a reason locked up and ready to go. lol. And, it's a grill so anything you say she probably won't really care about anyway, so just have something ready. "Because of the double walled design I will use way less charcoal and it'll allow me to more efficiently and effectively smoke and grill dinner for my beautiful wife and family." See, it's not that difficult. Ha

Oh, the old "Dollars and sense" tactic! She's wise to that one. She equates that one with "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with b**s**t" ploy. Wine 'em and dine 'em works well for me most of the time.

I just rolled it outside to it’s new home! Took just under 2 hours to put it together. A little plastic bucket came with it, there’s no mention in the manual as to what it is. I’m guessing an ash scoop? Decided to keep the Performer, moved the WSM to the lower patio for now. If the WSK does L&S as good as the WSM maybe I’ll let it go.

753E51AC-23BD-48AD-B439-5B5A8348A98D.jpeg
E058344C-D908-4088-9E30-7EBB20A00CC1.jpeg
FAF99095-094F-4780-BE41-DF1A34968BFA.jpeg

Oh okay, that makes sense. Yes, there’s a bag. I’ll never use it, it’s very strange. I wish it had something similar to what the Performer has for charcoal storage

Oh okay, that makes sense. Yes, there’s a bag. I’ll never use it, it’s very strange. I wish it had something similar to what the Performer has for charcoal storage
The WSC has a decent hard charcoal container that fits under the stainless table on a solid metal shelf.

The WSK did away with the solid metal shelf and replaced it with the wire shelf. The hard plastic coal container is now the soft bag.

The charcoal bucket is still the same though.

Back