Crimson Red Comparison to '90s Red, '13 Brick Red, '14 Copper, '13 Green and Black

TouX

TVWBB Member
So with all the recent discussions about how dull the new '14 Crimson Red and Copper looks, I wanted to see it for myself. I called around and 2 stores had them on display so I took my '90s 2-tone Red MT lid with me to do a side by side comparison. Mind you these pictures are taken under store fluorescent lighting and with an iPhone 5S. These new colors are definitely dull and doesn't have the polish look as the current stock of green, black, and '90s 2-tone red. See for yourselves. Notice how the fluorescent lighting reflections are not as defined and clear on the Crimson Red and Copper, but are very clear on the black, green, and 90s 2-tone red. It was very noticeable in person and may not be well presented in these pictures. When compared to the brick red Genesis, I personally like the finish of the brick red more.

I am hoping to see the new copper in person so I can compare it to my Target copper. If the matte finish helps prevent the chipping that colored grills are prone to, it might be a worthwhile change. I wonder why the green is still glossy?

Last edited:

Back