Creekstone Farms prime brisket on the WSM

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Creekstone Farms Prime Brisket

I cooked another Creekstone farms prime brisket this weekend as my dad was in town to see the new baby.

This one was about 13 and 1/2 lbs.

Trimmed about a 1 and a half of fat off it.

Seasoned with kosher salt and coarse black pepper.

After the cook. I don't know why the smoke ring eludes me. Wrapped this one in butcher paper at 165. Started cooking it about 225 to 240 but had to crank it up to 270 to finish it off in time for lunch.

Turned out great!

I think cooking it at higher than normal temps rendered the fat in the point a little better than I normally do.

Another shot of the sliced fatty end. Thanks for looking!.

You need to change your name: Dustin "Brisket" Dorsey :)
Do you compete? If not, you should

WOW!!! That was an awesome Brisket. Fantastic and I'm sure grandpa enjoy seeing the new baby and your lunch.

Awesome looking brisket!!!! What wood are you using for smoke? I prefer oak or wine oak staves when I do my brisket, that seems to work for me to get a nice smoke ring. Yours still looks very tasty and moist! Great job!!!!

Awesome looking brisket!!!! What wood are you using for smoke? I prefer oak or wine oak staves when I do my brisket, that seems to work for me to get a nice smoke ring. Yours still looks very tasty and moist! Great job!!!!

Thanks! This time I used KBB with about 8 medium sized chunks of pecan 4 buried and 4 on top. I sometimes use oak chunks probably more often than I do pecan. I think in my case, my smoke ring issues may have to do with surface moisture and humidity, but it's not something I overly fret about. I just see others get tremendous ones and get jealous!

Looks awesome! Smoke rings are over-rated, as long as it tastes good. But if you really want one, it might just need a little more smoke earlier on (the ring happen early in the process when the meat is cooler). Maybe try throwing one of your pieces of smoke wood on the coals when you put the brisket goes on so you have some steady smoke early? In any case, it looks great and I am sure it tasted awesome!

Back