Couple recent cooks

Tim Campbell

TVWBB Guru
Not much to see here. Sorry for the lack of action shots.

Deep dish pepperoni and sausage on Saturday. One slice and I was done. Good but filling. Didn't get the sides as golden as usual.20240203_233200.jpg

Made a tian. Broke in a new tagine outdoors, since boiling milk indoors makes me nauseous. Also, and more importantly, wife was making cutlets indoors...relegated to side burner to lightly brown the veg. Labor intensive step but worth it.
20240204_181155.jpg

After a long soak and scrub, made the tian. Super tasty. Green and yellow squash, Japanese eggplant. Basic sauce. Simple dish, fantastic taste. This is before baking @430° for about 20 minutes. Then a light parmesan sprinkling.
20240204_220658.jpg

Served this with Suzanne's amazing cutlets, ladled with sauce and good mozzarella. Great dinner. Sorry for so few pics.

Good week, everyone.

Looks great......what's this lack of pic thing?????
Don't know much about tian.......isn't the translation heavenly or something?
Pizza looks great, tian sounds delicious....
More cooks, more pics......once the MRS says taking pictures of everything is weird, she will get over it eventually.....
My warden now just expects me to have to take pictures if it is a great meal worthy of posting.

More about the deep-dish pizza. And do you have any way to season the pans?
I used a variation on a Jeff Mauro recipe. I use cast iron for this if done outside; inside I'm using deep dish pans from Amazon.

I season with corn oil right before assembly. I didn't get enough oil on the sides this time.

Looks great......what's this lack of pic thing?????
Don't know much about tian.......isn't the translation heavenly or something?
Pizza looks great, tian sounds delicious....
More cooks, more pics......once the MRS says taking pictures of everything is weird, she will get over it eventually.....
My warden now just expects me to have to take pictures if it is a great meal worthy of posting.
Yeah, it's basically a variation of ratatouille. I slice the veg about 1/8th inch instead of dicing or chopping. It's pretty tasty stuff.

Still, I'll trade these cooks for your recent ones any day.

One more hit Tim! I have not made a tian since my mom passed.
That’s been eleven years, I should get one of those into the mix for Saturday! Thanks for the nudge!!

Back